What to get 2" body lift or RC 2-3"

Which one?

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bama2door

Reaction score
Body lifts always seem to be a headache. Come up with the extra cash for the suspension lift.

How do they always seem to be a headache? They take half the time to put on than suspension lifts...

CowlBoy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
im just puttin this out there the RC 2-3 inch sus would take less time to put on than a 3inch BL. All the 3inch RC kit is is 2inc AAL in back and new shocks all around, new UAA, brake lines, torsion keys, and 2inch diff drop. me and my buddy put this kit on his truck and it took us about 3-4 hours. A BL would take the same if you know wat your doin.

GWKP

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
what he said^ and id say BL i have the susp kit and the ride definetly gets old..

GMCzar

Reaction score
How do they always seem to be a headache? They take half the time to put on than suspension lifts...

1. More stress placed on the body mounts
2. Raising the radiator may cause cooling probems
3. There will be an extra gap between the frame and body
4. Exposed frame below body line
5. Lowering clutch linkage for manuals
6. Gas filler neck may not extend enough
7. Steering column may not extend enough
8. Brake lines from the master cylinder to the frame
9. Bumper relocation
10. No increase in ground clearance
11. If nerf bars are installed you will need to refabricate the mounting brackets.

Last edited:

6chevy9

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
for the love of god dont crank your keys. you and your truck wont be happy with that ride. plan on new shocks ball joints and a new ******* if you crank it lol. BL doesnt look as good as suspension lift but **** it it will ride great.

ep-80

Reaction score
Go with the BL, but is how tall you want to be or you plan on going taller? If so you want to go taller save your cash and get the lift kit you want. If not, get the BL.