What do you guys think of this one?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

chevyman0191

OBS till I die
Reaction score
nice looking truck man.. hope it works out for ya..i really like that color too and seems to be everything you wanted in one.

Gatorboy

You can keep your import.
Reaction score
Yeah its my favorite color! I hope it works out better than last time. If its meant to be it'll happen.

ChrisAU

War Damn Eagle
Reaction score
Hey hey, I paid $5200 and sold it for $6400. After a rebuilt trans and intake gaskets, and smaller stuff. And mine had 112k on it, 117k when I sold it.

Gatorboy

Reaction score
They definitely hold their resale value. Why'd you sell yours anyway Chris

Gatorboy

Reaction score
Well..... the vin says it's a 305 but the owner claims its a 350.... I only want a 350. Any ways of telling if it's a 5.7 other than using the decoder?

great white

Retirement countdown!
Reaction score
Emissions sticker in engine bay can tell you, but no guarantees it hasnt been changed with a reman.

90's era small blocks have the displacement cast in the block at the back on the drivers side just under the head.

Should say 5.0 or 5.7 iirc.

Hard to see in the truck, you'll most likely need a flashlight, mirror and rag to wipe off the years crud....some have reported wiring and assorted brackets in the way so you may not be able to see it at all in the truck. I doubt the owner is going to let you start bending and removing things before you buy. I wouldn't....

If thats not visible or missing, you have to look up the casting numbers or *gasp* pull a head off and measure.

Vin lookups have been known to be wrong, but that's more of the exception than the rule...but I'd say you've got "strike one" there bub....

Last edited:

Gatorboy

Reaction score
Yeah this isn't the crummy vin look up I did. I actually found the original GM vin decoder. I'll just pass on this one. The guy is a two hour drive away and for me to find out its not the motor I want would not make me very happy. Thanks for the info.

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Are you sure he gave you the right vin? I'm constantly flipping numbers around when I write down part numbers an things like that. Double check that neither one of you made a mistake somewhere.....

great white

Retirement countdown!
Reaction score
Yeah this isn't the crummy vin look up I did. I actually found the original GM vin decoder. I'll just pass on this one. The guy is a two hour drive away and for me to find out its not the motor I want would not make me very happy. Thanks for the info.

well, if you really want this particular truck, ask him to confirm the vin number he gave you.

If it still turns up a 305, ask him to provide proof that it's a 350. A simple camera, light and a mirror can get you a picture of the rear of the block.

There's also nothing wrong with walking away.

Plenty o' fish in the ocean.....