What are ya'll getting for mpg?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Blackwater

Engineering Geinus
Reaction score
What am I getting for MPG's? I'm getting laughed at. It was a joke, as in I get laughed at for the very low MPG rate averaged by my lifted four wheel drive 6000# fire breathing beast.

Oh. Suburbans usually get worst gas mileage than trucks cause of weight. Then your 4x4 and possibly have the diffs geared low.

slowburb

all motor
Reaction score
Oh. Suburbans usually get worst gas mileage than trucks cause of weight. Then your 4x4 and possibly have the diffs geared low.

That and there is this problem where sometimes my Suburban thinks it's a corvette.

slowburb

all motor
Reaction score
Brick on the foot feed? Foot stuck in the intake?:burnout:

I drove from LA (not L.A.) to NY and back a few years ago (loaded with fam and luggage). On the way up I averaged about 10 MPG, ******* it the whole way, 90+ mph at times in the mountains of TN, VA, WV, & PA. On the way back, comparatively at a snail's pace, averaged 15 MPG.

Tongan310

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
97 Crew Cab Long box with Camper 3500 DRW with 7.4...Depending on driving speed I get about 8-10. I see 14-15 as long as I keep it under 55/60. (Gets tiring considering my old DD was a Dyno Tuned Mustang GT)

Blackwater

Engineering Geinus
Reaction score
I drove from LA (not L.A.) to NY and back a few years ago (loaded with fam and luggage). On the way up I averaged about 10 MPG, ******* it the whole way, 90+ mph at times in the mountains of TN, VA, WV, & PA. On the way back, comparatively at a snail's pace, averaged 15 MPG.

700r4 or 4l60?

97 Crew Cab Long box with Camper 3500 DRW with 7.4...Depending on driving speed I get about 8-10. I see 14-15 as long as I keep it under 55/60. (Gets tiring considering my old DD was a Dyno Tuned Mustang GT)

I like it but never understood having that kind of truck and putting a camper shell on it. Just seems to be a big waste of a good tow truck to me.