Well hate to say but I got rid of my GMT400.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

95Escahoe

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Congrats, love the look of the new Silverado, I don't get why its not selling better tho, best truck out there imo

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk

eric.s.t

Stroked
Reaction score
That's a nice truck! Those trucks really hit the road around here ... I wouldn't doubt it if they become the next best selling truck...

95Escahoe

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The thing that shocked me is a maybe a month or so ago read an article about the big 3's trucks and the best seller still was the F series and by alot wasn't even close, I think the new Silverado looks great, has great engines etc, just a lil shocked being of the 3 trucks the Ford is the oldest market wise

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk

twomanymontes

car show addict
Reaction score
Part of the reason the new Silverado/Sierra isn't the top seller is because of the latest rounds of recalls. Plus the Fords right now have the better fuel mileage rating.

They are selling really good here, There are about a dozen of them in my neighborhood alone. Just saw in the paper today, No Money down and only $349 a month to lease them. The payment for my wife's 2011 Jeep is just a few bucks less.

SilveradoGuy85

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Thanks for the compliments, I've been getting compliments at work also. Since those pics I posted the only other thing I've changed are the emblem on the grille and tailgate so color match black aluminum bowties and also a lockable fuel door. I thought about blacking it out but I might leave the grille and emblem border on the tailgate and maybe some day way down the road to black out the bumpers and of course rims. I'm thinking about taking that bottom plastic valance off the front bumper but still undecided on that.
You must be registered for see images attach

I don't know if it was just because I got one, but I didn't seem to see the 2014s around town until after I bought mine and now I'm starting to see more of them around.

Next I plan on is an exhaust since it's waaay too quiet for me. I'm brand loyal to Flowmasters but not sure if I should get Super 44s or Super 10s and then if I should to a single in/dual out, true dual or dual in/dual out.

Last edited:

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The only reason the f-series is always the #1 seller is because the sierra and Silverado are two different brands so they don't add them together. If you add them since they are technically the same truck with just minor differences, gm trucks have higher numbers than ford every year....

And nice ride op, maybe I can get one before they are all worn out but personally I can't see paying that much for one. They sure are nice though.....

SilveradoGuy85

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The only reason the f-series is always the #1 seller is because the sierra and Silverado are two different brands so they don't add them together. If you add them since they are technically the same truck with just minor differences, gm trucks have higher numbers than ford every year....

And nice ride op, maybe I can get one before they are all worn out but personally I can't see paying that much for one. They sure are nice though.....

I actually went to the dealer for a used truck that was still less than 5 years old but they didn't have any and I didn't want to travel all over since I got the truck because of the engine in the 98 locking up. I traded the 98 with the mechanic shop I usually deal with (when I can't do it myself) for the toolbox and steps and they installed both ($1,000 value). Maybe I could have gotten a little more, but it was also a handful of things wrong with it other than the engine. About paying that much for one. I didn't want to, but I figured that maybe now I will take better care of a brand new truck. Also even after tags, taxes, interest on the loan and whatever else they add in I still got it cheaper than what it's worth. Also this time I was able to get a truck exactly how I wanted without having to hunt one down or settle for something close. The only thing I wish this truck had was Bose but I got over that, the speakers still sound awesome. Plus I plan on keeping this one until it can't be driven anymore, kind of like my 98 since I had the 98 for 10 years lol.

EDIT: Oh and by the way, you want to talk about price? Look at the GMC 2500 Denali. lol

Last edited:

1989GMCSIERRA

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Nice truck.

I got a buddy who sells GMCs and he said the same thing, cannot keep used trucks in the lot. He said on one deal the dude was trading it in on one table and a guy was buying it on another table.