Value of our trucks

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DerekTheGreat

Forum Regular
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach
You must be registered for see images attach

Our truck sports a purty clean frame, minty floor pans and body/cab mounts but the wheel arches are bubbling, lower rockers and cab corners are GONE. I figure even though we treat our salt exposure vehicles with Krown T40 it's only a matter of time before those would go so that's why it didn't bother me. Buuut, I can see someone getting butt hurt about it.

gstubbz

Hi I'm Gavin and I have an OBSession
Reaction score
I never could see a K1500 RCSB being useful to me, apparently I prefer boats (extended cab long beds). I just never had a love for them unless it was a 454ss or some form of c1500 race truck. My neighbor had a 93 K1500 RCSB he purchased new but it's long gone. Would of been mine had he still owned it when I got my licence.

And I can say it is a good thing I am getting into these trucks right now, gives me plenty of time to start storing parts and taking advantage of what I can find because one day it will be either extinct or super expensive. Especially since everything is rust free over here! And it's cheap.

BowtieBrody

Jesus Murphy!
Reaction score
I never could see a K1500 RCSB being useful to me, apparently I prefer boats (extended cab long beds). I just never had a love for them unless it was a 454ss or some form of c1500 race truck. My neighbor had a 93 K1500 RCSB he purchased new but it's long gone. Would of been mine had he still owned it when I got my licence.

And I can say it is a good thing I am getting into these trucks right now, gives me plenty of time to start storing parts and taking advantage of what I can find because one day it will be either extinct or super expensive. Especially since everything is rust free over here! And it's cheap.

I don't think they'll be extinct or super godawful expensive, it's just like squarebody stuff; there's still tons of them on the road and in the salvage yards.

Things like Esky/Denali clusters (and consoles, door panels, pretty much EVERY interior piece), fog/aux light switches, and all the other odd-ball sought after stuff for these trucks will be the really hard to find in 10-20 years
But hell, most of us will have probably horded and parted enough that the forum will have it's own trade economy for OBS parts.

kennythewelder

Officially Retired, B31-3 (6-G) certified welder.
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
How rare your truck is in your area, and what someone else is willing to give you for it, is what drives it value. If there are a ton of them around where you live, then yours isn't that special, so it is worth less. Where I live, they are getting more and more rare. You see less, and less of them on the road

DerekTheGreat

Forum Regular
Reaction score
Well it's Michigan and they throw salt down here like people throw dice in Vegas... I certainly don't see them around here, especially 4x4 stickshift stuff. So I snatched it up and didn't do a very good job inspecting it and so got stuck with a project that ran and drove well enough to die in my driveway lol. It should have been scrapped.. Now it's tip top though. This is the first v8 I've encountered which doesn't use any oil. I am shocked. Keep checking it though lol.

Thanks east302, I like the 88-89 stuff too, love glass headlights. It's also rare to see ones of this vintage fully or well equipped. Hell, even four speakers were optional then and you could delete the radio...