Value of our trucks

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GarrettGmc

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
To most of the people at those type of auctions that's pocket change. I saw a 93 dually with only 40k, even original tires from dealer, one owner for 9500 the other day.

98chevy2500SS

Specializes in Accessories 101
Reaction score
I've seen 454SS trucks around here on Craigslist go from 8k to 13k and they are rust free too.

DerekTheGreat

Forum Regular
Reaction score
You guys all talk about ECSB 2500's but whatever happened to the love for RCSB K1500's? I hardly ever see those, especially here. Why I snatched ours up. Ours is motivated by a 350 and five speed stick trans too. I've seen quite a few RCSB 4.3 C1500's but not many like what we've got..

RedLeader289

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think these trucks are at about their lowest value now, BUT the swing is near. Your rust buckets are going to start disappearing, leaving "driver" quality and the really clean trucks. Give it 5-10 years and values will start to creep up because you won't see the trucks as often, they'll start being harder to find in junkyards, nostalgia will start to play a part because as they become less and less common some dude or dudette will see a clean one going down the road and it'll remind them of the one "so and so" used to have and those people will start looking for one, which will push prices a little more.

It's a cycle, it happens. I rode the same wave with 3rd gen camaros/firebirds, they're now starting to command decent prices (what would have been an $800 running/driving car 5-7 years ago would now easily bring $3,000).

I was actually told by my Insurance company that it would be worth looking into an appraised value policy on my truck because of it's condition compared to the others they cover. That's a good sign that we're getting close to seeing that uptick in value.

Chewy1576

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You guys all talk about ECSB 2500's but whatever happened to the love for RCSB K1500's? I hardly ever see those, especially here. Why I snatched ours up. Ours is motivated by a 350 and five speed stick trans too. I've seen quite a few RCSB 4.3 C1500's but not many like what we've got..

I had one for a little while. 350 and NV4500 from the factory. The interior was pristine and the exterior was nice, aside from a few dents and peeling paint on the hood. If it was a K2500, I would have kept it.

You must be registered for see images attach

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DerekTheGreat

Forum Regular
Reaction score
That's a nice truck, RCSB is the only way I'd rock a 1500, otherwise it'd be a machine like we once had, our burly C3500 RCLB. What year is that? If I had it I'd return the suspension to stock, put the original wheels on it or even the steelies with the bowtie hub caps on and drive it till it could no longer chooch. Very nice.

Chewy1576

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
That's a nice truck, RCSB is the only way I'd rock a 1500, otherwise it'd be a machine like we once had, our burly C3500 RCLB. What year is that? If I had it I'd return the suspension to stock, put the original wheels on it or even the steelies with the bowtie hub caps on and drive it till it could no longer chooch. Very nice.

It’s a ‘95, 211k miles. Technically it was my dads, but he kept it at my place and I had a set of keys. I fixed a few little things here and there and tried to broker a suspension swap with a friend of mine to return it to stock but the Rancho lifts cut the front bump stops off of the frame so going back to stock height wasn’t that simple. He ended up selling the truck to a kid from Rock Springs for $3800.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk