What would be a full vacuum line replacement?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ninety1500

Reaction score
I have not run a smoke test but I think replacing the rubber and plastic parts can't be a bad thing in this old truck.
Can anyone give me some advice on making sure there's no vacuum leaks? I definitely don't know this well so your expertise is really valuable!

From what I found researching there's a line coming off the brake booster, there is the PCV valve there is the EGR valve, and is there a large hose that runs directly to where the air filter is?

Please let me know if I'm missing anything else. I was really hoping to buy some kind of a kit but it doesn't look like they have that. I appreciate it in advance and hope you're all doing well.

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I could dig into it, but honestly, you’d be better off uploading your year manual from the forum. That way you have all information needed. Are you having any specific issues?

Last edited:

GoToGuy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Don't just decide everything is bad and start changing replacing parts. It a vacuum system, think of how to determine a leak. The hard parts are reliable, unless there broken in some way. The the softer elbows and small lines get cracked ends. Carefully remove and inspect for wear or worn areas. Are the ends cracked or loose? You can use some carb cleaner spray, small ,short burst , on vacuum lines or fittings, while engine running. A change in rpm identifies the problem area. It's easy, can be simple fix.
Don't guess, use the factory service manual, doing your own work, has ALL, the information, name any part or repair it's in there. :waytogo: