Value of our trucks

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

98chevy2500SS

Specializes in Accessories 101
Reaction score
That's the one 4x4 RCSB that'd I'd buy--the 88/89 with the quad lights. Always liked those two-tones as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I agree about that, those two tones are one of the two-tones I would buy. They especially look nice to chrome the hell out them as well, lol.

DerekTheGreat

Forum Regular
Reaction score
I'm enjoying the snot out of this truck, been driving it nearly every day after the new used motor went in. The TBI 350 seems just right for the thing for every day driving and what not, but not so much against other people. Even with a 5 speed & 3.73's it's just no match for 60-70% of the stuff out there. However, it does what it was built to do though. People rag on them for their low output but they make torque down low and thus they get the job done. I love that comfy bench seat and now that I've flushed the cooling system & heater core along with replace the T-stat it'll get hotter than hell in the cab. This spring I'll fix the A/C and the lean/sag the ass end has and she'll be tip top.

SierraDully

Reaction score
I agree with much of what's been said in this topic.
I picked up my 97 Yukon for $2400 about 3 years ago. It had one owner and hadn't been worked on by any clueless teenagers or abused at all. I could easily get more out of it now than what I paid. It's a k1500 with almost half a million kilometres and runs like a dream. Only had 160k when I got it. 3 years ago.
I have bought other yukons and tahoes since then, with less miles on them and they were not as good as mine. They key is the maintenance that's been done and how they've been taken care of.
Recently sold a 99 Tahoe in less than an hour on Kijiji. There's quite a market for these obs used trucks in Alberta.
My 88 Sierra C3500 Dually with a 454 and turbo 400 and a 4.10 rear is the best hauling truck I've ever had. I had a 2011 ram 3500 4x4 srw Cummins and it did not tow as nice at all. But I'm a sucker for a 454. And with the 3 speed and 4.10 its a combination for a towing monster. Has all the HD options - trans cooler, fuel pump, radiator, brakes, suspension etc. GVW 10,000lbs. It was built to haul and I've hauled 8000# up and down the road all day long and the truck just loves it. I got it for a good deal but could turn around tomorrow and double my money if I wanted to. I've been asked to sell it multiple times since I've had it. I don't think I could part with it. Because of the towing designed set up its more "truck-like" in its handling but I love that. And of course it's so easy to work on. Parts cheap and easy to find at pickNpull or wherever. It's a TBI efi, I think the first year (1988) And very little is computerized. Love the stance of the truck and the spring pack in the back handles everything. It's an extended cab and has enough room in the back for the kids car seats and also works as a good bed one person from bench one in the back. I've had some good snoozes in there on long highway trips.
I can't bear the thought of selling it to some teenager and him starting a smoke show, roasting my brand new good years off the rear end with the 454. I just couldn't let that happen lol so she's staying with me for now.

RedLeader289

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
So, for what it's worth I got my truck appraised for insurance purposes (stated value coverage FTW!) about a week ago. It appraised for $7,500 and I was told to bring it back in 2 years when I get antique tags because the value should increase. Reputable appraiser, in the business for the past 40 years or so.

For reference my truck is a 1995 K2500 HD 4x4 with the Silverado package and every option available (except the full floating rear) 8,600 GVWR, 185,000 miles.
You must be registered for see images attach

Chewy1576

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I’m just gearing up to sell my 1990 K2500 RCLB. Going to start at $6500 asking price. The paint is in horrible condition, but the body is straight, no dents at all, with only some surface rust on the roof. The interior is kinda rough too, but I’ve tried to clean and replace what I could, including 95+ bench seat. The 383 engine has 9k miles since new, NV4500 was rebuilt this summer, 4.10 gears of and full float rear end were also put in this summer, replaced seals on both axles also. The steering, except steering box, has been replaced with Moog or Proforged parts in the last few years. I’m sure I’ll get beat up pretty bad on appearances, but it’s a solid truck and will run strong for many years.

RedLeader289

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
A little detailing work would do wonders on that truck, even with the paint in the condition its in. Buff the headlights, spray out the floor mats, give everything a good wipe down.

Chewy1576

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
A little detailing work would do wonders on that truck, even with the paint in the condition its in. Buff the headlights, spray out the floor mats, give everything a good wipe down.

I plan on doing exactly those things, I just took a few quick pics this morning so I could get it listed. Haven’t had a chance to clean it up since hunting season ended.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

90halfton

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I’m just gearing up to sell my 1990 K2500 RCLB. Going to start at $6500 asking price. The paint is in horrible condition, but the body is straight, no dents at all, with only some surface rust on the roof. The interior is kinda rough too, but I’ve tried to clean and replace what I could, including 95+ bench seat. The 383 engine has 9k miles since new, NV4500 was rebuilt this summer, 4.10 gears of and full float rear end were also put in this summer, replaced seals on both axles also. The steering, except steering box, has been replaced with Moog or Proforged parts in the last few years. I’m sure I’ll get beat up pretty bad on appearances, but it’s a solid truck and will run strong for many years.

Dbags will scoff at the price and lack of shiny stuff. But somebody that needs a truck to do truck stuff will see the value of what it is. It's a pretty solid power train package. I'd love to have it, ugly paint and all.