Tyler's DD/plaything

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sampuppy1

Diesel nut
Reaction score
Got my hands on a multi meter and started running through the diagnosing process after finding compression, spark, and fuel, on all 8 cylinders. Distributor was lined up properly, no noises with the plugs out and rotating the crank by hand. Nice and smooth. So it was on to timing. A few cranks and some work with the multi meter and I came to the conclusion my ICM had failed. Popped a new one on the heat sink and she fired right up. Still had a miss and it was bleeding off compression on a cylinder so it went back to the shop that adjusted the rockers They loosened up the number two rocker and she runs like a dream again!

Last edited:

Sampuppy1

Diesel nut
Reaction score
Today the sun finally came out. Drove down to my buddy's to check out his new LED tails on his crew cab and look at an oil filter problem he's been fighting and I got ambitious. Pulled and cleaned all the junk out of my tool box and made space for my bag of tools that has been residing in my back seat for months. While the weatherguard was out I yanked the bed mat and got the leaves and sticks and stuff that wasn't still frozen to the bed out. Also fixed the fuel pump wiring that I had bypassed with a remote switch. I was tired of flipping a switch to turn the pump on and it was only a matter of time before I forgot to shut it off and drained my battery, blew a line, or burned up a nearly new pump. Also decided to wire in my cargo lights. Threw a second gasket on there too because the third brake light I bought is for a regular cab. And nobody makes a smoked one for an extended cab that I can find. The angle on a regular cab is sharper so the light has a nice gap at the top. Second gasket filled it in. Hoping water doesn't pour in in car washes now.

sent from a likely flagged smartphone.

Sampuppy1

Diesel nut
Reaction score
I got ambitious. The sun was out the roads were dry and the forecast is for above freezing temps for the next ten days. I'm excited for spring. Its warming up, I just got my exhaust issues finally squared up after fighting it the past five years I've owned it. Once I go back to work I can finally drop it off at the body shop to have the tailgate painted and new front fenders put on. I may Demold it at that point. I'm short on funds so I can't do a whole lot to it. Still have to get the front drive shaft to the shop to have it inspected.

Sampuppy1

Diesel nut
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images
this third brake needed 194 sockets wired in. The entire unit is now hard wired. When it comes time I'll get a weather pack terminal kit and make plugs for it and some other items I would like to wire differently. For now it works great. I'm very pleased. It lights the bed up a little more than the old stock lights.

Oops. I sneezed.

Sampuppy1

Diesel nut
Reaction score

Well I got it quickly installed and wired. I'm waiting to get some good night shots and hook up the reverse function but I love this little bar. Really "makes Dat ass pop." haha

Sampuppy1

Diesel nut
Reaction score
So I got bored and lowered it.

sent from a likely flagged tablet