Tyler's DD/plaything

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sampuppy1

Diesel nut
Reaction score
Picked up from the shop yesterday. They adjusted the valves. Again. And set final timing adjustment. Runs like a top! I'm saying screw it and getting new Magna flow catalytic convertors today. Also picked up two new front drive shaft u joints. I got a bad one and it's vibrating at speed. New air filter is in.

sent from a likely flagged smartphone.

Sampuppy1

Diesel nut
Reaction score
Forgot I have a legit battery hold down now! No more bungee cords!

Sampuppy1

Diesel nut
Reaction score
It runs great! Until I hook a left. Then it misses a few beats. A hard left stalls it. Put new cats on today. I said **** it yesterday and ordered them. It sounded better than the manifold leak but it still leaked at the donut flanges due to the rotten clamps. So off came the old stuff and I bolted on a brand new set of magnaflow high flow stainless cats. The rest will have to be done at a shop. And soon. Having it dumped under the passenger seat is deafening. The resonating will make you physically ill. And turn your brain to mush. Plus it loses power a without any back pressure from a muffler.

Sampuppy1

Diesel nut
Reaction score
Got the new cats on. Man these things are beefy. Flanges are rock solid. Not flimsy pressed deals you can bend just looking at them the right way. All shiny stainless as well. With a new mid pipe flange. Sadly I was unable to do anything to get the rest of the exhaust hooked up so the rear 2 sensors are out and it dumps right under the passenger seat. Lord have mercy. The resonating in the cab is horrendous. It's bad enough it will turn your stomach sour. And give you a headache from hell.

So new problem. Determine why the hell it stalls when turning a hard left. Easy left it will be fine or sputter and miss a few beats. Hard left and it cuts out. Long hard left and it dies. Right turns are fine. Hard launches are alright. Battery is tighter than its ever been and I checked all the cables and grounds twice. And filled the tank. I'm stumped.

twomanymontes

car show addict
Reaction score
Only on left turns? That's odd. Does anything else cut out? Are you loosing power to anything else?

Sampuppy1

Diesel nut
Reaction score
And bigger dips in the road where I get some suspension travel. It's odd because it'll just cut engine power on some. Only one time has it ever cut everything but as soon as it died I cranked it so it may have just cut the engine. I haven't had total shutdown except one time for me.

Sampuppy1

Diesel nut
Reaction score
At the exhaust shop it died on the guy four times as he was pulling it in. Turning left. I'll have to just keep running it and picking away at straws til it stops or until whatever is going bad just plain breaks or quits or does whatever it does.

Sampuppy1

Diesel nut
Reaction score
Well I have to find it now. It died in the middle of a drifted over road. No fuel pump no taillights. Four ways wouldn't work in back. Got rescued by a buddy in one of our plow trucks and the tails flickered and now work again. Still no fuel pump. Where's the grounds for that rear harness?