TYC Elegante Headlights...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kable

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Anyone running this headlights with hids? I put mine in today, adjusted them and they still have shadows everywhere, worse than my stock fogged up housings. just on low beams. im guessings its from the bulb cover thing inside the housing?

Anyone else have this problem? Was thinking of opening them up and taking that out. the factory headlights didnt have them

the big blue bus

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
i have em in mine well did till i fried em... they werent too bad but i did get flashed one time but mine arent aimed. and the sheild in there is for glare if you take it out it will make it worse...

Kable

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
these headlights suck, they dont fit like the oems, i may just buy a set of brand new oems. The light output it spotty unless i kick on the hi beams.

dubmission82

Reaction score
i have them with hids on mine, and theres alot of people using them with hids too, so far ive heard and from experience they are good head lights any other aftermarket headlights are not as good

Kable

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
i have 55 watt 6000k aimed perfectly and the light output is just extra spotty compared to my old stock housings. not sure what the deal is. I mean the light output is good just spotty and has shadows.

RHamill

Ryan
Reaction score
I'm so glad Im running stock headlights, it sounds like all these aftermarket ones are a nightmare.

Sully

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
can you take pictures of the spottyness so we can see? Im not saying you are wrong, I just know you and I call different things spotty.

the big blue bus

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
true they didnt fit that great... mine are on the stock brackets that bolt to core support cuz the lil alignment nubs didnt go in holes corectly. but they look a lot better than my friends ebay headlights that are yellowing and he hasnt had them for even a year

Static 90

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have TYC Elegante with HIDs. Mine look good, no spotting at all. I had to adjust mine so the light is aimed a little lower than normal. Otherwise I got flashed. Maybe because you have blue lights? I have 4500K 35W lows FWIW. I had to play with the mounting brackets a bit to get them straight. Even stock housings are not always straight. Mine were pretty straight, but did sit just a tad bit crooked (the OEM ones).

Jason

Reaction score
well this is discouraging. before i joined this website i read great things about the tyc elegante headlights.. so, i dropped a good 170 bucks on them, plus the HID kit from ddm because i heard good stuff about that too. well now im seeing all these, 'it doesnt fit right, it looks horrible with hid's' etc...... now im kinda skeptical and afraid of when i get these in next week. (still awaiting shipping)