Tutorial: 3" Body Lift

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

darren250r

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure there is a small piece to extend the linkage on that lever, I think all kits come with them, I might even have one in my box, not too sure though.

You don't have to add anything. Just gotta adjust the linkage a little.

lftd94z71

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Does anyone know how to flip the factory brackets for the back bumper? or do i need to get the relocation brackets?

dirtridinz71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Does anyone know how to flip the factory brackets for the back bumper? or do i need to get the relocation brackets?

With a little cutting you can make the OE brackets work (without flipping) You cut the bottom section of the mount off and then have to notch the bumper just a little so that the bottom hole of the bumper bolts through the top hole of the bracket.

dirtyhick42

I am not a chick
Reaction score
I answered this in the other thread, yes. It even says so when you look on the websites that sell them.

99K2500

Reaction score
Hey man would i have to go through all this with a 2" body lift? i'm running 265/75/16's on a factory 99 K2500 now. i was thinking about getting some 285/75/16's and rising the body some. its a lot harder to find a lift kit for a truck my yr and with it being a 3/4 ton. I've already hurculined my frame also. First i sanded it, then sprayed it black, then hurculined. It looks real good. My truck is long as a bus so i really do need a lift to keep it looking like a Boat! All I've done so far to make it look shorter is a tool box which helped a lot! But I've seen them with lifts and they look WAY better. But anyways. would i have to do all this for a 2" body lift also? the truck is auto.

joshjuniorr

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Pictures taken at buddies house and resized with MS paint program :( lol

You must be registered for see images

2 days ago, 4 showers, gasoline, orange goop, ASAP cleaner, soap, painters hand paint remover, more gasoline, 1500 grit light sanding, green scotchbrite and this is whats left...

latex gloves help prevent that :)