Tutorial: 3" Body Lift

Discussion in 'Stock Suspension + Bolt On Kits' started by RHamill, Dec 27, 2010.

1. thz71

thz71 Stock SUCKS!

You should Check my 95 build thread I haul more than most. And imo a could 1/16th inch wall blocks won't help

2. Doublestack00

Doublestack00 Newbie

Maybe so, but I want to be on the safe side.

Also, the way I look at it is, I paid for a full brand new kit, if I use them or not is doesn't matter I should have received them.

3. NotARealK2500

NotARealK2500 Newbie

I would like to add that I've read a few places on both this board and FSC that folks haven't needed to weld in that extension to the transmission linkage for those with automatic transmissions.

Well... you definitely need to, or find some other way of lengthening it if you drive a 1992 light duty K2500.
    Ask me how I know.

(Gotta talk to the insurance company tomorrow about the wall I just drove through in my garage)

Edit: 10/13 - Better alternative is to just grab your stock shift rod, or - if you've already cut yours- grab one out of a junked 88-94 truck and straighten the furthest bend nearest the transmission. Solved all my problems, no welding required.

Stock steering linkage is on the top, bent steering linkage is bent at the lowest bend nearest the transmission:
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 14, 2015
  4. stenny

stenny Newbie

hey pics aren't working can you repost pics or repost this with the pics?

5. jkeaton

jkeaton I need a beer.

That usually happens with these old threads. Read post #117. The OP stated why the pictures are no longer available:

"Sorry guys, Pics are years old. I had a request to re-new the pictures, but I no longer have the pics. Let alone the truck, all I have left of that red truck is a cab with no hood, doors, and seats out in my back yard lol.

if you want 2-3" buy a 3" rear lift blocks, they go in between leaf spring packs and rear axle. The kit should come with blocks, U bolts and shocks. Zone Offroad has them, summit racing, performance accessories.

Crank the torsion bars on your truck up and get a front wheel alignment.

Or buy a 3" body lift.."