Truck Won't Start

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jrollings

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Depends on how much work you want to do I guess. You can try selling it whole and if you cant get what you want then try parting it out.

Did you take the plugs out and try to turn the engine over or have you tried with a 1/2" drive breaker bar. Hell drop the pan and look to see if you can see a bent rod.

ChevyBoat

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I do not want to try to turn it with a breaker bar because breaking the bolt on the harmonic balancer would be a b***h to fix. Question: do i have to take all the plugs out or just 1? It wouldnt be a big deal to take them all out especially on a 350 but im just curious

jrollings

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah take all the plugs out so on the compression stroke the air will flow out of the spark plug hole vs trying to squeeze it out the exhaust valve

jrollings

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah take all the plugs out so on the compression stroke the air will flow out of the spark plug hole vs trying to squeeze it out the exhaust valve

Werterion

Reaction score
sounds like a junk battery just went thru this on a 97 k3500 dump truck the starter was bad I replaced it,turned key and it just clicked,battery was new replaced by the owner two days prior to starter replacement and it turned out it had a bad cell in it.swapped in another battery fired right off no problem

i've seen the solenoid and starter motor be fine in this occasion, but it was the wires themselves that connect the two had corroded inside the insulation and caused a sometimes weak and intermittent voltage. replaced the wire and boom was good to go. so moral is it may be repairable for about $5 if you have solder and a iron to do the repair.

Keepinitoldskool

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Worth taking the time to do this and try with a breaker bar. You would have to put alot of torque on that bolt to break it. If the timing chain snapped then all your valves will most likely be closed making it very hard to turn. So its worth trying.