Truck Won't Start

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ChevyBoat

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
My battery has enough power to do everything but start the truck. My HIDs work fine, radio works, windows work, it just seems like it ain't gettin enough power to the starter.

ChevyBoat

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Update: Saw a video online where guy had same problem. He cut the plastic around his terminals to get a clean connection and cleaned them and that fixed it. I Did the same thing. The plastic on the negative had melted on the terminal and I cleaned it with a wire brush. What do you know it tries to start but the starter is clicking against the flywheel like it's not far enough in. Well it wasn't so I push it all the way in. I go to start it....it won't turn over. The battery is on 10% and it jumped it to 30% but refuses to actually charge past around that point. I took it and had it tested a few days ago and it was good. I got the battery a few months ago. Could it still be bad? That's the only thing that makes any sense at this point

badazzbulldog

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
yes it can be bad like I said in my earlier post it has a bad cell in it you can put on lights and radio ect.ect. and they will all work but there is not enuff to spin starter.and if you took it to a place like auto zone half those morons dont know what they are doing did they load test it? or did they just connect it and say yup shows a full charge...

ChevyBoat

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just connected it and said it had a full charge. The Idiot Who Tested My Started Told Me It Failed And I Knew It Wasn't bad. I was just testing it for peace of mind. But he said it failed so I bought one anyway since that starter had about 300,000 on it. I know more than most of those guys but can't get a job there cause I'm 17 go figure. But as soon as this battery charges I'll let yall kbowknow

ChevyBoat

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here is my modified terminals I get a lot better connection.
You must be registered for see images
You must be registered for see images

Hopefully you can see in those pictures where I modified them sorry I couldn't get one before dark and before it was charging.

badazzbulldog

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
most of them in my area all they have to know is how to punch keys on a keyboard to look up parts,example one store has this ditzy 20 something blond chick that has absolutely no clue.when I go to get parts I want the person to understand what i'm talking about

badazzbulldog

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
never had good luck with those,you never know how long they have been sitting on the shelf there, hopefully it takes a charge for you and stays up to what it should be at

ChevyBoat

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I know what you mean about the whole typing keys thing. So annoying. They all drive s***y little Honda civics too lmao