Truck won't start, need suggestions.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TahoeInDaH

Reaction score
I stopped at a gas station to fill up last week and after got that done, i got inside my truck and guess what.? Truck NO START. I started to panic because i was 2 hours away from home. And hit the crap outta my gas tank thinking it could be my fuel pump or something. Long story short. My fuel pump relay was wobbly and once i pressed it down, had my wife turn the truck right up.! Only took me 30 min to figure that out THANK GOD 1997 Tahoe 4x4 for reference

Schurkey

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I stopped at a gas station to fill up last week and after got that done, i got inside my truck and guess what.? Truck NO START. I started to panic because i was 2 hours away from home. And hit the crap outta my gas tank thinking it could be my fuel pump or something. Long story short. My fuel pump relay was wobbly and once i pressed it down, had my wife turn the truck right up.! Only took me 30 min to figure that out THANK GOD 1997 Tahoe 4x4 for reference
IF (big IF) the oil pressure switch bypass is functional, the truck should start and run with the fuel pump relay REMOVED. It'll have to crank long enough to build oil pressure, but once it has oil pressure the fuel pump should run like normal.

You might want to remove the relay and assure that the oil pressure switch circuitry is working properly.

Schurkey

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Download the service manual set for your vehicle from the links posted in the Sticky thread section of the Engine forum. The wiring diagram and description will be in there.

The oil pressure switch is likely right beside the distributor, with the wire harness spread around the engine compartment with some going all the way back to the fuel pump.