truck drifts to right 2.. good alinement

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SLmateo

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I have a good alinement and a lifetime warrenty at firestone. New outer rods and sleeves, new upper bushings, lowers don't have any play as well as idler and pitman... how do you test the upper tie rods to see if they're good (I was lazy since it started raining and didn't do them)? New stainless steel brake lines so lines aren't collapsed.

I'm not positive on how to check for sticky calipers, I did kind of check when I changed by bearings... the rotor spun with resistance but if I pulled the caliper with my weight away from the truck they spun free, both sides did this so I'm assuming they're in good condition?

I have about an inch or two of play in the steering wheel and on a 2 line road with a slight degrade when the passenger side is slightly higher it goes straight hands off wheel (60 mph road on they way to work)

Truck drifts to right still, all moog parts (except their economy brand MC BJ's from orileys)

Got some new bfg at ko2s and I'm trying to prolong life.

Last edited:

95C1500

┌П┐(◣_◢)┌П┐
Reaction score
Mine pulls to the right as well. alignment is in spec too

SLmateo

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
It's frustrating I pretty much accepted it for about a month and just drove on it but though I might as well try and fix now that the new job had settled down. One guy at firestone said it was my lower bushing and showed me the worn rubber that is exposed... from what I know that's normal wear.. jacked up there's no play after the uppers were changed... by chance could this be caused by ball joints not tightened enough?... I overlook things and did not tighten a bearing castle nut before so I'm not ruling it out if this is a possible symptom.

Hope you get it sorted out too bro :(

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
My Suburban does this very slightly but not enough to really bother me. My tire shop says it's most likely due to the fact that I'm running P metric tires instead of the LTs that really should be on it. Not sure how much truth there is to that, but I'll definitely be putting LTs on it next time it needs a set.

SLmateo

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Did a bit of research and found the specs for correct torque on front end suspension....seems they vary from manual to manual... going to go back and double check everything with a digital and old school torque wrench and see if anything changes... I'll report back.. if not I'm going to do the upper tie rods since it's not very expensive, get another alinement then go from there. Any other ideas or suggestions are appreciated!

michael hurd

Stalker be gone.
Reaction score
If it drifts to one side, try swapping the left and right tires temporarily to see if that cures the pull.

SLmateo

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I forgot about that.. better not be these new tires but I'll swap them also when I tighten everything up within the next few days

Jrgunn5150

Enjoying tomorrow's success today
Reaction score
Mine pulls to the right, because I have a hung up wheel cylinder in the rear.

twomanymontes

car show addict
Reaction score
If it drifts to one side, try swapping the left and right tires temporarily to see if that cures the pull.

I was just going to suggest that. Tire pulls are common

I forgot about that.. better not be these new tires but I'll swap them also when I tighten everything up within the next few days

I have had new tires cause pulls before.

Ruger_556

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I was just going to suggest that. Tire pulls are common

I have had new tires cause pulls before.

Yup, new tires can be worse than the old sometimes. I'll add tire pressure to that too though, I worked on a truck that was almost scary to drive on the freeway because it wandered so bad. Steers where at 100 psi instead of the 120 the door tag called for and that completely fixed it.

Also, just because it is a good alignment doesn't mean that it is a good alignment for that truck. Sometimes you have to "adjust the spec" persay to get things to go down the road correctly... You don't have a steering damper on there do you? I've seen that cause problems too.