truck drifts to right 2.. good alinement

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SLmateo

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
No, no damper. I should have said it's a pre runner ish. C1500 spindle lift with blocks. I'll grab some chalk and do the chalk test on my day off too to ensure pressure is decent I have 35 psi in there now but I'm pretty sure I need to drop to 33 or so.

twomanymontes

car show addict
Reaction score
Need to remember this. The specs for the truck are for proper ride height. Once the suspension has been modified, [Lifted or lowered] the specs may also need to be altered to get the truck to drive straight.

SLmateo

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The tires just came at that when I threw them on but didn't think it would cause a drift like this... I'll do it asap I've been needing to but been busy with bed lining the fenders. Now I'll rotate front tires torque BJ's and rods to spec, and chalk test the pressure. Thanks for looking out everyone.

SLmateo

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I had to postpone. The touch up on the paint job took a week longer than proposed, got it back last night, and I got a 4 inch punch in the rear tire this morning or probably at the shop. I have 3 torque wrenches in the car atm ready to go if I have time right before work tomorrow. Don't get off till 12 ish tonight.

SLmateo

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Just finished and drove to work. Tie rods were a bit loose and it helped clean up some steering slop. Ball joints weren't bad but I tightened them to exact spec and swapped the tires as well. It still has a slight drift but I'm wondering if it is just because of the washing machine aerodynamics. Here in south texas everything is pretty flat and it's been really windy lately so I'll post again on a non windy day... probably isn't that but it went straight on one long road but might just be the road angle correcting it.

Edit: still have a slight drift, tightening the tie rods definitely took out the slop (or something else I did) and the wheel is level going straight instead of 11 o clock. Thanks guys. Also dropped to 34 psi but might go lower when I finally get chalk today. Even with the drift I'm satisfied, old truck always has some kinks

Last edited: