TOW RIG OVERHAUL! 2nd time... diesel swap

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Robmerica01

Reaction score
Thanks! I miss it a bunch. I like Dynamic's products but they've definitely been improved upon, especially by others. I've probably loaded more cars with Vulcan 810's (original Intruder unit) than all other units I've run combined, and it's by far my favorite. Strong, versatile, and pretty quiet. They recently did a redesign on it and came up with the 812 and they practically copied the JerrDan MPL crossbar and I kinda hate it. Been running one of those just over a year now and still can't say I've gotten used to it. Oh well! And it's on a Ford, because GM hasn't cared about making regular sized medium duty trucks since 2003...

You must be registered for see images attach

Richard

I surely hope you didn't tow that long like that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Van Gui1d3r #838

Free Thinker
Reaction score

Van Gui1d3r #838

Free Thinker
Reaction score
Low miles. Maybe talk him down cause of the blown tranny

i'm waiting on pics of the frame for the 750 dollar truck I saw a few days ago on facebook. guy said he will take some tomorrow or the day after. 750 is way more my taste since I really only care for a rolling chassis right now. if I go with something up in price, it has to have some really good parts that will sell or else they will just end up sitting next to all my old smallblocks... those are damn good boat anchors right now...

I have, to put behind a Cummins. Cost is keeping me from doing anything about it though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cost is always a limiting factor... I hear you there man.

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
I'll hazard a guess that new guy is worried I'm towing an AWD SS down the road with the front wheels on the ground. No worries; it's an '06 model (Intimidators weren't made prior) and all '06 models are RWD; AWD was not an option. In '05 you could get an SS either way, though AWD seemed to be more common. All '03 and '04 were AWD.

If there's some other reason for concern, I gladly invite discussion on it. Tow operator here with 14 years experience. :D

Richard