torsion bar key question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

silverado13

GEAR HEAD
Reaction score
okay so i just ran out to my truck and looked at it and it looks damn near the same as yours did before you leveled it so thats how it looks stock? or did you have warn bars?

1997chevydriver

OBS MAGIC!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's probably a little of both.

Yes it rides stiffer, the higher you go the stiffer it gets.

1997chevydriver

OBS MAGIC!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Don't forget after you adjust then go for a drive and come back and check your measurements. Alot of time after you adjust them they will "settle" a little so you might have to do some adjustments to get it level front/back and side/side

1997chevydriver

OBS MAGIC!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
All it is, is the suspension parts settle into their new positions. Also why you get an alignment make sure you tell them NOT to mess with the t-bars. Shops up here have been known to put them back to stock "because the book says so"

silverado13

GEAR HEAD
Reaction score
ahhhh see i wasnt going to say anything about me adjusting it to them because down here alot of shops try to rip people off like crazy so i was affraid if i told them i adjusted it then theyd claim that they couldnt do a good alignment......but i guess it doesnt really matter ill just tell them and see what they say, i kept getting used tires because when i first got my truck i was showing off infront of some hot chicks and i rounded a corner to fast and hit a curb and it messed up my alignment, well i went to a shop that specifically did alignments and frame work, and after i gave them the money for an alignment, they gave me back my truck and the alignment was just as bad and they said that the mount thats welded to the frame towards the top of the suspension near the upper ball joint was bent and that they wanted $1000 to fix it so i was like forget that, then tire kindom gave me a alignment and said they couldnt do it right