torsion bar key question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

silverado13

GEAR HEAD
Reaction score
i wish you luck with your project, so ball joints are done, and keys are adjusted, i rotated each bolt exactly 6 times on both sides, my only concern is that the driver side bolt isnt sunk in as far as the passenger side BUT the clearence to the droop stops is damn near about exactly the same, but i could be because at the moment i have a 295 size tire on the driver side and a normal 265 on the passenger because i had a flat a week ago and my only spare was a 295, luckly im getting new from tires and alignment this weekend, quick question, im going to try to replace the idler arm before i get the tires and alignment, it all depends on how long my passenger tire holds up as for it is starting to show wire as of today, so my question is, does any one know off the top of there head what size sockets are required, i know you need a pickler fork and a pitman arm puller but im not sure what size sockets i need and my tool supply has gotten depleted lately, no clue how but i just keep losing tools so before i start tearing into it i want to make sure i have everything required

cstiles90

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
i was just wondering how much did some of u guys crank for 285s to fit? i wanna de crank mine some or try when i can get another ailignment..i know the front end was cranked atleast 2 inches..i want my soft ride back lol

dirtridinz71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
i was just wondering how much did some of u guys crank for 285s to fit? i wanna de crank mine some or try when i can get another ailignment..i know the front end was cranked atleast 2 inches..i want my soft ride back lol

You can fit 285's on stock rims, with no crank. Its tight and may need a little trimming on lower valence but will fit.

tylers88

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You can fit 285's on stock rims, with no crank. Its tight and may need a little trimming on lower valence but will fit.

I had 285 BFG A/Ts on 16x8 ARs with 4.5" BS only rubbed because the bumper wasnt centered, I also dont have a lower valance