torsion bar key question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

silverado13

GEAR HEAD
Reaction score
well im looking for longevity in parts for sure so im not looking to over stress anything, but its just that its weird looking from a Z71 having the front end droop, because of the age of the truck and the miles on it, is it possible that the torsion bar itself could be "warped" or worn, causing the front end to drop?

1997chevydriver

OBS MAGIC!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It is actually a good possibility that the T-bars have sagged over time (lost their ability to hold the truck up)

Has your truck ever had a plow on it?

silverado13

GEAR HEAD
Reaction score
no not to my knowledge the truck has been in louisiana its entire life so id imagine not but youd think that after 15 years and 90% of the suspension parts are original that even the weight of the engine on top of them should do some wear

1997chevydriver

OBS MAGIC!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
no not to my knowledge the truck has been in louisiana its entire life so id imagine not but youd think that after 15 years and 90% of the suspension parts are original that even the weight of the engine on top of them should do some wear

Sorry I never looked to see where you were located:lol: I'm used to everyone and their brother haveing a plow at some point in time on their truck.

silverado13

GEAR HEAD
Reaction score
im probably going to mess around with it first and put my jack under the front end and see how 1.75-2 inches of lift look, id imagine that it will make a huge difference in the appearance in a + way

1997chevydriver

OBS MAGIC!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you would like some comparison pics I have some I think:think: when I did it to my truck

1997chevydriver

OBS MAGIC!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The day I brought it home
You must be registered for see images attach

The second day I owned it I leveled the truck :lol:

Day after pic above