tj98gmc 98 gmc build thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tj98gmc

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
the settings on the my welder are just E and 3.5,, i know that does tell you want the heat and wire speed technically is,,, but thats all my welder reads,, i looked inside the lid and it doesnt specify any readings,,, if you look at the pic above it is exactly like my welder,, you can see how the settings are

tj98gmc

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
also i use .030 solid wire with 75%-25% gas,,,

91Bluestreak

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
much nicer welder then I have, right now I use flux core threw a cheap HF welder. It does the job but a little more cleaning of the welds. But I cant complain for it being an $80 welder, someday I'll have the spare cash for a nice welder.

tj98gmc

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
yea flux core does the job,,, i welded with it years,, but i will tell ya,, once you weld with solid wire with gas,, youll never want to go back to flux core,,lol

91Bluestreak

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
yeah I know we had really nice welders in autotech and I have to say My favorite type is TIG welding but those are big bucks for a good one.

tj98gmc

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
yea ive wleded with a tig,,, it is awesome ,, but i think a mig is so much faster and less cleaning the metal and sharpening the tungsten,, with a mig you can get in get out and move on,,lol,,

tj98gmc

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
i use to be able to lay a bead with a tig on stainless that was just a little bit bigger than the point of a pen,, lol,, anymore id need some practice,, its been years,, lol