tj98gmc 98 gmc build thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tj98gmc

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
lol,,im ordering my 4" down pipe in the morning,, and im hoping to go tomorrow to get some more of the piping i need,,,

tj98gmc

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
ok so heres a new problem,, i was walking past my truck today admiring it like usaul and i noticed this...

You must be registered for see images attach

everyone else see this!!!,, grrr

now ive known the both back cab/bed mounts were going to be needing changed but i was hoping it could get through winter with it,,,, but i guess not

tj98gmc

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
anyone know where i can buy replacments or should i just go get them from a donor at a JY??

Last edited:

91Bluestreak

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Thats a great looking truck. but that rust sucks and you know it was from them plowing with it.

My stedads trucks cab mounts had rotted out and it has 1/4" flat steel welded on top of the old mounts. It was an old work truck from a nersery.

4x4incountryboy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
i made templates out of carboard and welded them outside the existing mounts when i did mine and put a plate on top cut out the hole and it looks better than factory and is alot beefier! Where abouts in albany did ya get the truck? thats about 40 miles from me lol

tj98gmc

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Thats a great looking truck. but that rust sucks and you know it was from them plowing with it.

My stedads trucks cab mounts had rotted out and it has 1/4" flat steel welded on top of the old mounts. It was an old work truck from a nersery.

yea,, i think im just going to jack it up in place and weld it back in place for now,,,

tj98gmc

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
i made templates out of carboard and welded them outside the existing mounts when i did mine and put a plate on top cut out the hole and it looks better than factory and is alot beefier! Where abouts in albany did ya get the truck? thats about 40 miles from me lol

nice,, something to think about for sure,,, it was is a town called johnstown