tj98gmc 98 gmc build thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

91Bluestreak

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
damn thats good, I understand the needing practice for tig as I havent used one since I was 18 or 19, and yeah mig is faster but tig has more control over heat warp.

tj98gmc

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
ok so today was another busy day,, after a busy morning of roofing for my uncle i got to work on the truck some more,,, i got to finish sanding and sprayed primmer,,, it turned out pretty good,,, im not 100% on it but its done for the winter,, i fixed the passenger side bed mount, wire wheeled the back half of the frame and than sprayed it with rubberized undercoat,,, im happy with everything so far,, let me know what ya think!!

p.s. i didnt do to much with the rocker panel so dont judge,, lol

You must be registered for see images attach

my shop,,, i know its cluttered,, but oh well,,

i didnt get to fix the driver side mount yet,,, im not sure what i want to do with it.. cut the entire mount off and replace it,,, ill worry about it in the spring,,,,

thz71

Stock SUCKS!
Reaction score
lookin good man wish i could do that kind of stuff

tj98gmc

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
thanks man,,, i really enjoy it,,, i wish i woulda went to school for it,,,, i mightve been able to get a job doing it,,lol

eric.s.t

Stroked
Reaction score
What do you do now? im sure you could always go back to school ! But your truck does look good, i can wait to see you lay some paint on it!

tj98gmc

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
thanks!!.. i actually dont have a job now,,, i work out of my garage to make enough money to pay my half of the bills,, ive been thinking about getting my inspection license and working out of my garage full time,,,, but who knows what will happen,,,

the paint will come soon,,, been saving up a little here and there for it,, im planning on spraying it myself,, ive painted things before with a gun,, but never a car or truck,,, so i figured id give it hell,, lol

eric.s.t

Stroked
Reaction score
thanks!!.. i actually dont have a job now,,, i work out of my garage to make enough money to pay my half of the bills,, ive been thinking about getting my inspection license and working out of my garage full time,,,, but who knows what will happen,,,

the paint will come soon,,, been saving up a little here and there for it,, im planning on spraying it myself,, ive painted things before with a gun,, but never a car or truck,,, so i figured id give it hell,, lol

Ive done it a few times. ive yet to master it ... but every time i do it i realise what i need to do different! just buy a gun and go to town!....not literally..

tj98gmc

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
my wife got me a two gun kit for my birthday a few months ago,,, just waiting to afford the materials,, im just gonna spray my tail gate first,,, just to see how it turns out,, if it turns out ok im going to spray the hood too,,, than if i do alright in the spring im going to finish the body work i got left to do and spray the rest of the truck,,,

body work wise i have to do is
driver side rocker
both doors need replaced
fix the dings and dents in the cab
and find a good bed,,

eric.s.t

Stroked
Reaction score
my wife got me a two gun kit for my birthday a few months ago,,, just waiting to afford the materials,, im just gonna spray my tail gate first,,, just to see how it turns out,, if it turns out ok im going to spray the hood too,,, than if i do alright in the spring im going to finish the body work i got left to do and spray the rest of the truck,,,

body work wise i have to do is
driver side rocker
both doors need replaced
fix the dings and dents in the cab
and find a good bed,,

Sounds like a pretty good plan. And seems like you dont got to to much body work left. I just finally found a good box for my truck. Sad to think i got a nice solid box, and now i get to cut it up! (im cutting the floor out)