tires for stock rims

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tokestahoe98

Reaction score
i have a 98 tahoe 2 door 4x4 i do plan on getting a 3" body lift but for now i plan on getting new tires for for stock rims i want to know what is the biggest size tire i can get and what recomendations you guys have for 3 inch body lift

canuckz71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You can run as tall a tire as you really want with a stock rim but you can't go too wide. You could probably stuff bigger tires but a set of 35's would look good. Probably don't want to go much wider than an 11.5" wide tire but you could run a 35x12.5

JonZ71

Right Meow
Reaction score
Crank and BL you can fit 35's on stock wheels. prolly have to trim a bit also.

JJZ71

OBS for life
Reaction score
I had issue's with my last truck and 35's sitting stock. Winter months were a pain in the ass with snow getting lodged up in the wheel wells - no room for it to fall out. Coming in and out of parking lots or driveways with any kind of bump would make the tires rub.

JonZ71

Right Meow
Reaction score
if your talking about 2wds this will never happen on a BL stock rims ha. Youll need like 9inch of lift on a 2wd

squeaky3

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
ive fit 36" TSL's on nbs stock rims and ran them

with just the wheels i rubbed frame so i put 1.5" spacers on and they rubbed the frame very little, but i did have to do a bit of trimming on the bumper and fenders to get them to fit, esp offroading

heres a pic of it with the 36s

You must be registered for see images attach