C5 Corvette Rims

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RShrimp

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a chance to pick up a set of rims from a C5 Corvette for my 1990 C1500. The rears will fit fine but the fronts are 17x8.5 with 6.5 inch backspace.
The tires are 245/45-17.
Will I need spacers to run these? Suspension is 100% stock now but plan to lower it later.

Schurkey

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What's the load rating on the 'Vette wheels? What's the load rating on the wheels you have now?

Be careful with wheel backspacing vs. spacers/adapters. If the center of the tire contact patch moves in or out from stock, steering geometry is affected as is the load on the wheel bearings.

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
What's the load rating on the 'Vette wheels? What's the load rating on the wheels you have now?

Be careful with wheel backspacing vs. spacers/adapters. If the center of the tire contact patch moves in or out from stock, steering geometry is affected as is the load on the wheel bearings.
This ^^^ the load rating is very unlikely sufficient for use on the truck.

Adapters would likely get them to fit just fine as the wheels have a LOT of backspacing, so you'd take up that extra space with an adapter that changes the bolt pattern. They can fit, but it doesn't mean they're a good/safe choice to run those wheels on your truck.

Of course many of us have done all kinds of dumb stuff and lived to tell about it.. it's much less painful and costly to learn from other's mistakes, though.

Richard