Tire Selection

Which Tires?

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RGV2DRHOE

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Thanks for the input coffee, unfortunately the hoe was wrecked back in december, and money that was going into lift, tires, and gears are spent on putting her back together. She should be ready on monday, F-ing body guy has had her for over 3 months now, hes gonna get a suprise when i argue atleast 500 bucks off the agreed price. Heres a link to the thread pics are on post 13: http://www.gmt400.com/forum/showthread.php?2568-FML...-Tahoe-was-wrecked

blue_blood

Reaction score
I have the DC mud country's
36x15.5x18 (strange size)
BADASS tires that ride smooth and great in mud.

I am also going to be getting tires here in a month or so... how much do the DC's weigh? i thought they were a pretty heavy tire.

MOBS

The Mad Scientist
Reaction score
Anybody like super swampers anymore? I have irok radials and they were great and don't wear fast at all. I also read that Trxus Mud tires are good too

Haha, I was about to ask why TSL wasn't considered....and yeah, Trx tires are very long lasting tires. That's what on my 94 yukon, and it's on the pavement ehhh about 75% of the time i'd say. They have currently 43k miles on them at the moment, front tires are wearing worse due to previous front-end issues that've now been corrected, but fronts are still 1/8" at shallowest section and rears are ~3/16". This is ofcourse measured against the "gone bald" position, these tires did not come with tread wear marks like every other tire I remember.

LoudnLifted88

Small Block Grim Reaper
Reaction score
have you ever thought about the kelly safari tsr or the fierce attitudes they make a 315/70/17 i own the kelly safari tsr's on my truck in 285s and i love them they handle great and are pretty good in the mud and they're rated for 40-45k they're also a 10 ply tire i paid 775 for all four mounted and balanced 285-75-16

Hezsus

Mr. Truck
Reaction score
KM2's are garbage, toyos if you can afford them and wont be driving on much ice. if you got ice and snow (didnt see where your from) then Duratrax is the way to go, if you want something agressive and cheap and it dosent matter if they wear quicker get the herculese mt's (they are only good to 65psi though).

I have 100k kms on my toyos and i've been real happy with them, the sidewall tread is the only tread lefto n them though. i will be getting the herculese tires now because they're the cheapest i could find up here.

Canada RCSB Mike

OBS is what I like!!
Reaction score
BFG`s all the way!!!!
I just finshed going throuh the same thing you did. I reaserched for months about tires. The lightest in the bunch is BFG, by at leat 8-10 lbs. I had each tire weighed at the tire shop, 1-67.5lbs, 2-68.5lbs, 3-67lbs, 4-68.5lbs. The size is 315/75/16, on stock wheels.
I couldn`t be happier, i have 20 kms of highway to work, and I don`t hear much road noise at all. I don`t know why people hate BFG so much? I guess its what ur use too.
They are one mean ass looking tire too.
I haven`t had any mudding time yet, but going this weekend. I have more info then.
sorry for pic jacking ur thread
You must be registered for see images attach

Hezsus

Mr. Truck
Reaction score
BFG`s all the way!!!!
I just finshed going throuh the same thing you did. I reaserched for months about tires. The lightest in the bunch is BFG, by at leat 8-10 lbs. I had each tire weighed at the tire shop, 1-67.5lbs, 2-68.5lbs, 3-67lbs, 4-68.5lbs. The size is 315/75/16, on stock wheels.
I couldn`t be happier, i have 20 kms of highway to work, and I don`t hear much road noise at all. I don`t know why people hate BFG so much? I guess its what ur use too.
They are one mean ass looking tire too.
I haven`t had any mudding time yet, but going this weekend. I have more info then.
sorry for pic jacking ur thread

I see your not running KM2's big diference, the old bfgs are waaaaayyy better

Canada RCSB Mike

OBS is what I like!!
Reaction score
KM2`s they are( i sound like a whining kid...lol)