The Stupid Lowered Questions Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

96C1500

No money, truck problems
Reaction score
I'm just looking for 2-3 inches of lowering in the back.
If I run 3/4 ton springs I'd have to run more of a drop, correct?

Sent from my Vortec powered HTC One M8

jhicks

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yet another stupid question.

im looking at 4 link kits on ebay... im new to bagging anything... so im honestly not sure whats good and whats not. im on a tight budget so the 1200$ kits are a no go. anything would help guys.

1badgmc

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yet another stupid question.

im looking at 4 link kits on ebay... im new to bagging anything... so im honestly not sure whats good and whats not. im on a tight budget so the 1200$ kits are a no go. anything would help guys.

I will first say that when it comes to such a crucial area of your truck as suspension, cutting corners is not advised. If you can't afford quality components and quality work, then it may not be the right time to do it.

That said, a KP Components universal weld-on 4-link is only $535. http://www.cachassisworks.com/c-1148-weld-in-systems.aspx Of course, that's JUST the 4-link (link bars, panhard bars, mounts and hardware) and nothing else, but KP is a quality company. I have a KP weld-on 4-link on my truck.

ccreddell

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
And as much as I hate them, a two link is pretty easy to cobble up and will get you by for a while unless youre constantly getting the truck in a twist.

jhicks

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
HA. I still have my old 2-link laying around somewhere too.

you should so hook me up with that 2 link ha ha.

I found a couple weld in kits for around 200$ on ebay. the guy doing my welding has his way of strengthening things up. ive seen a lot of work done by him and its pretty good work.

im honestly just trying to figure things out. every lowered vehicle ive had has been static. not bagged.

DRAGGIN95

Warranty Killer!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
The 2 link doesn't suffer from a lack of strength, it doesn't allow the axle to articulate while going over uneven surfaces and also pinion angle really suffers, since it needs to be set at ride height and stays fixed, any deviation from ride height and the pinion angle is terrible.