Way-off-topic lowering question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
What kind of mileage are ya'll getting out of them before failure? I know they get worked, but only a few years isn't confidence inspiring.
Less than 100K on the ones that have had issues. Others have gone that far without failure, so it seems to be a QC issue on materials or assembly. The odds aren't the kind that would have me running out to buy one, though. But, for this class of truck, it's what everyone gets because it's available.

Richard

skylark

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
How’s that 7.3 gas working for ya?
Different application but we have 3 7.3 powered busses. An E450 20 passenger and 2 E350 15 passengers. Power wise I was really expecting to be impressed but I'm not. We have several decent mountain passes right as you get on the freeway and we have 2011,15 and 17 Chevy 3500 24 passenger busses with 6.0 engines that have between 300-450k on them and they run stronger up the hills.

For me where the Fords shine is in the suspension. The Chevy has air ride that might as well be rock hard and bang ride on any setting but the Ford has coil/leaf and the suspension is so much better. I know that the older 150-350 E series has progressive rate coils where the truck doesn't. I'm not sure if the older E450 or newer stuff.

I was also prepared to be impressed by the 7.3 mpg. I'm not. The Ford and the Chevy get upper 9s low 10s in aerodynamics of a brick and both weigh 11-12k