The Stupid Engine Questions Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JakeZ71

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Gotcha. It's attached. I've also checked the battery cables, and the engine to frame ground wire. The battery has a full charge, and the starter worked fine two weeks ago when the truck last ran. I'm at my wit's end trying to figure it out.

grampadirt

On MEDICARE Officially Old
Reaction score
Give the starter a light rap with a hammer or big wrench.A few years ago my burb did the same as yours,got out a hammer and gave it a rap....started for a month then finally quit.Might work,might not.Worth a try.

JakeZ71

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well, my old man came home and helped me trouble shoot it some more. It appears the starter solenoid itself went bad. A new one's going in tomorrow, then i can finally hear the new motor run! Thanks for all the quick responses, guys!

Blue Turd

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
In my engine bay by the fuse box there is some random blue wire that looks to be around 12 gauge in size. The wire seems to come from the main wiring loom, but does not connect to anything.

I believe it runs to the rear of the truck for installing a brake controller from what I have found online. Is this true? Or is this something crazy added by a previous owner?

The Arctic Fox

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
In my engine bay by the fuse box there is some random blue wire that looks to be around 12 gauge in size. The wire seems to come from the main wiring loom, but does not connect to anything.

I believe it runs to the rear of the truck for installing a brake controller from what I have found online. Is this true? Or is this something crazy added by a previous owner?

Weird mine has the same blue wire that is mounted on the driver side wheel well that runs all the way to the middle of the back bumper.

beardeddummy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yeah I think I'm going to wait until tomorrow so I know I have plenty of time. I seen something about an updated bracket do I need this?