The Stupid Engine Questions Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jrgunn5150

Enjoying tomorrow's success today
Reaction score
I've done them with and without. Currently Amazon has the AC Delco Spider with it for 268, so I would go that way.

Jrgunn5150

Enjoying tomorrow's success today
Reaction score
Oh, well, no worries then, my Yukon never cared that I didn't replace the bracket.

beardeddummy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
That's good to know. Hope it helps my truck. My license plate turns black every 10k miles. Just a hairbit rich

beardeddummy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Just realized what you were talking about here. I used to hate body lifts with a passion. Now that I bought a truck with one the more I work on it the more I like body lifts. Think I'll put one on every truck I own not for clearance but for more working room

Bear Redd

Reaction score
Ok newbie to the forum here with a question. My friend has a 97chevy 1500 pickup with 5.7, She parked it the other day came out the next morning and no startup. It spins over fine, Couldn't hear the fuel pump spool up so replaced the pump and filter. Truck has 100,000 on it so replaced wires and plugs. Still no start up. It has 58 psi fuel pressure. Checked the coil output and all good. Checked to make sure plugs where firing, all good. Connected a cornwell tools scan tool. Only code was a P1345. Other than replacing plug wires and plugs (with AC Delco parts) nothing as far as the distr. was touched. I've pulled the plugs again and several were wet. I was told to check the coolant temp sensor due to faulty connections causing the ECM to think it was -23 and dumping fuel into the intake but that code never came up on the scan tool. Need to know where to go next with this.
thanks in advance for any help

skylark

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Ok newbie to the forum here with a question. My friend has a 97chevy 1500 pickup with 5.7, She parked it the other day came out the next morning and no startup. It spins over fine, Couldn't hear the fuel pump spool up so replaced the pump and filter. Truck has 100,000 on it so replaced wires and plugs. Still no start up. It has 58 psi fuel pressure. Checked the coil output and all good. Checked to make sure plugs where firing, all good. Connected a cornwell tools scan tool. Only code was a P1345. Other than replacing plug wires and plugs (with AC Delco parts) nothing as far as the distr. was touched. I've pulled the plugs again and several were wet. I was told to check the coolant temp sensor due to faulty connections causing the ECM to think it was -23 and dumping fuel into the intake but that code never came up on the scan tool. Need to know where to go next with this.
thanks in advance for any help
Does it have spark?

Mrich0908

Pshhhhttttt!
Reaction score
The Delphi spider comes with a new bracket,not sure if ACDelco does.

I have one with literally 20 miles on it still in the box BWD . I thought it was my problem turns out needed a new motor. Went with a real multiport LSx setup. Ill selling it reasonably price any one wants it .

beardeddummy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I have one with literally 20 miles on it still in the box BWD . I thought it was my problem turns out needed a new motor. Went with a real multiport LSx setup. Ill selling it reasonably price any one wants it .

Wish you had said that sooner