The 'Stuff I Build' thread. Or...the 'Why I don't have a build thread', thread.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
I remember reading this thread awhile ago and was blown away then! I will see if i can somehow get the measurements off of the Interceptors seat this weekend for ya!

Thanks for reminding me! Kinda forgot with the rush of the last couple of weeks. I'll get that material sample out to you beginning of the week.

polar

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You gotta finish the truck before he sends the designs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

eric.s.t

Stroked
Reaction score
Im pulling your leg, take your time... like Michael said ... gotta finish my truck before that can even go in anyway! Since he likes reminding me that its taking forever on this build! lol Life is so busy, not sure how any one can build a full truck in such short amount of time! But oh well... im enjoying taking my time, hopefully itll be done the way I want it, the first time!

polar

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Don't worry, my truck is taking the slow track now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

thz71

Stock SUCKS!
Reaction score
Latest finished project.
This one wasn't scheduled!
First big show of the car show season this weekend. Indoor @ 'Tradex', (a convention center @ Abbotsford airport. 1.5 blocks from my house.) Started 4:00 Friday.
6:00 Thursday night this guy calls in a panic. Needs, absolutely NEEDS, a top to be in the show.
I'd already done the interior a year ago.
Are you F'n kidding me? This guy's been working on this thing all winter, & the day before the show he's hunting for someone to make a new top!
Of course I'll do it, but it's gonna cost him. Hehe! ("Buddy, this'll only hurt for a minute!")
Started 8 p.m.
Finished at 5:30 a.m!
From scratch, no pattern, top bows and all, including covers for the foam on the bows.
No pix of the process. No time for that!

You must be registered for see images attach

I don't like the way that the top fits at the body on the bottom right, but the fasteners were already in the body from a previous top, and they are not installed square to each other from side to side, or even in a straight line. (!) Oh well. gotta work with what I'm given. I see it. Now you guys do too, but most wouldn't until it's pointed out.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

An upcoming project.
Complete interior. All leather, including the headliner.
Pretty rare car. 1928 Willy's sedan. Chopped & body dropped!

Thats awesome man very impressive

sent from my outdated S3

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
Another project for Gordie. The same guy that owns the Willy's & the '56 F-100 with the Hemi'
Did this one a while ago. Just found the pix.
I'd never seen the car before he dropped it off.
His only instructions?
"I want a blue close to the body color as the main, grey as the secondary, some white as an accent."
(me) "Pattern? Style/design?"
"I want it 'Modern, but traditional'!"
'Huh? What? What does that mean?"
(Laughing) "You'll figure something out."
"No really! What does that mean?"
Pats me on the back & laughs some more. I could still here him laughing as he pulled outa the driveway! Gord likes messing with my head!
Now I'm up at 3 A.M. Pacing. What does that mean? 'Modern, but traditional'. I've got 6 weeks to do this, & I spent a week scratching my head! Aaaarrrgh!!!
So this is what I came up with. The seats are a take on an original style interior, but slightly exaggerated from the factory design.
Pleats double stitched, 1/2" & 2". That's the sorta 'traditional' part. The modern part was the use of no piping. Makes the seats look smoother & 'modern'.
The door panels are a mix of '55 Belair stainless, '55 Pontiac armrests, & some other stainless bits that I dug up outa Gord's collection of 'stuff'.

The car. '55 210 sedan. 383 stroker, 700r4, 3.73's in a Ford 9". Lowered. Front disc conversion.

So when he picks it, he's happy! Really happy! (YES! Phew!)
As he's loading it up, I ask him where it's going from here.
"Oh, it's going to the carshow. It'll be the car that everyone sees when they first walk in the door!
WHAT??? Now I'm kinda freakin'! Going through the whole job in my head. Did I remember to button everything up? What probs did I have & did I get then right? OMG! OMG! OMG!!!
Gordie's laughing! Again! The *******! Guess he saw the look on my face.

So...Sunday night, he calls me up. He's still at the show. And he's all serious!
"We gotta talk!"
Uh-oh!
"Just wanted to let you know. I won trophies for...
-Best paint.
-Best '567 Chevy.
-People's choice.
-Judge's choice.
-Best of show.
&...
-BEST INTERIOR!!!"
"Just wanted to call & say Thanks!"
Told ya he likes to mess with my head!