Believe i have a 95 with the wrong gauge cluster and steering colum

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

k1500 97

Hoonigan
Reaction score
Ok so my dad has a 95 k3500 he replaced the Guage cluster and steering column cuZ some electrical issues, but he swears they came from a 95 but I beg to differ, I need more oppinons.
This is the one he pulled out which is 95 cuz the red line at 4000rpm
You must be registered for see images attach

This is the cluster in it now he installed

Above the colomn he installed notice it has Suplimental air restraint it's a one ton they didn't have air bags in them

The column he pulled out which would have been correct

Could this all cause electrical problems ? Cuz 95 is a stand alone year on electronics and a bunch of ****

99xcss4

frank'n (truburban) K-2500
Reaction score
if it came from a truck that was labeled as 7 of 95 it is a 96 if 6 of 95 you are splitting hairs also some extra in a v6 cluster will not work in a v8 or diesel a 305 350 and 454 cluster are swapable with eath other a diesel cluster will not work with a gas v8 since 95 is a stand alone year I do not know if a 96+ cluster will work on it

Hipster

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
could that be causing the timing to be inconsistent
gauge cluster has nothing to do with timing controls from my understanding but it could be ignition/distributor related, or possible faulty timing light. Go into more detail of what your doing /did. Bad Icm's or a cracked coil can act wonky as can play in the distributor.

Last edited:

99xcss4

frank'n (truburban) K-2500
Reaction score
dose the cluster that is in the truck now even work can not speak for 95 or 96+ but the 88-94s only work some years 88-90 interchange 91 is a funny year it will work with 88-90 but not 92-94 then you have 92-94 that interchange

like in my other post diesel only works with diesel v6 only works with v6 and any of the gas v8s work with each other note this is for tach dashes 88-90 never had a tach dash some time in the 91 model year the moonies went away and regular clusters came out there were tach and non tach versions from 91 through 94