Believe i have a 95 with the wrong gauge cluster and steering colum

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

99xcss4

frank'n (truburban) K-2500
Reaction score
dose the cluster that is in the truck now even work can not speak for 95 or 96+ but the 88-94s only work some years 88-90 interchange 91 is a funny year it will work with 88-90 but not 92-94 then you have 92-94 that interchange

like in my other post diesel only works with diesel v6 only works with v6 and any of the gas v8s work with each other note this is for tach dashes 88-90 never had a tach dash some time in the 91 model year the moonies went away and regular clusters came out there were tach and non tach versions from 91 through 94
this might explain the older clusters better wish I could find some thing like this for (95)-96-98 (99-00)
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

k1500 97

Hoonigan
Reaction score
dose the cluster that is in the truck now even work can not speak for 95 or 96+ but the 88-94s only work some years 88-90 interchange 91 is a funny year it will work with 88-90 but not 92-94 then you have 92-94 that interchange

like in my other post diesel only works with diesel v6 only works with v6 and any of the gas v8s work with each other note this is for tach dashes 88-90 never had a tach dash some time in the 91 model year the moonies went away and regular clusters came out there were tach and non tach versions from 91 through 94
Yes it works ish the tach works and speedometer works but all the warning lights flash around like a amber disco

retorq

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I have a 6K tach 100MPH speedo 96+ cluster in my 95, everything works EXCEPT the P R N D indicator.

99xcss4

frank'n (truburban) K-2500
Reaction score
I have a 6K tach 100MPH speedo 96+ cluster in my 95, everything works EXCEPT the P R N D indicator.
that is interesting how did you get it to work I do not think it is plug pay if it actually is that is cool seeing as the op is having a problem with all the warning lights flashing all the time I take it that you need to change some thing or things to make it work

Russ B

Reaction score
When all else fails, pull cluster and check the part number. I am sure GM dealer can cross ref to vehicle. If you have the factory service manual, the cluster is extremely complicated. On my old 89 it has settings for tire size, not sure that feeds the engine computer. Point being whatever cluster was in it originally needs to be replaced with same. If not there are posts on net on how to convert from one to another. Good way to go insane unless you know what you are doing.

GoToGuy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
That would change the info inside the cluster so speedo does the right math.

retorq

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
that is interesting how did you get it to work I do not think it is plug pay if it actually is that is cool seeing as the op is having a problem with all the warning lights flashing all the time I take it that you need to change some thing or things to make it work
Just plugged it in. If you search hard enough there is an old thread from Pacific Performance I think it was, there is a wire that you can use to jumper the P R N D indicator but I have a floor shifter so I don't need that really. The OP with the flashing lights has something else wrong, something is shorted or grounded out somewhere.