The 'Stuff I Build' thread. Or...the 'Why I don't have a build thread', thread.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1988GMC

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You do awesome work I might have to come up from mass to have you do the interior on my 75 c10. Once the rest of the body work and such is done.

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
Teaser on the '37. It's getting close to being done. 4 A.M. & just finished up for the day. One more day like today, or 2 (ahem!) 'normal days', & it'll be done!

You must be registered for see images attach

Walked into the Hot-Rod shop today & here's an interior from a few years ago. Lost the pix in the computer crash.
I love this car! It's so 'right'. All stock, lowered 2".
Built from a running basket case for $140,000.00! There's over $6500.00 in re-chroming alone!
'Scuse the phone pic quality. Couple quick ones from the top of the stairs. The lights in the shop made the interior have a pinkish color.
Shoulda straightened out the belts & turned the visors down so that they disappeared behind the header. Damn!

A truck in the shop for a tune-up. In person, the paint is amazing.
I'll take my good camera tomorrow.

You can sorta see the rear suspension work.

Back on the Impala tomorrow A.M., the '37 in the afternoon.

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
Pix of the '...so far...' on the Impala.
As the owner bought this as an uncompleted project, & the fact that it was built from 3 different cars, it's become one of those never-ending projects. Stuff that was supposed to be included, wasn't, & the small parts that are here, are 'somewhere'!
This is exactly why I bag & tag during the dis-assembly! (Is this it? Nope! Too long, too short, wrong thread, these are stainless, I need chrome! Are they here, or there? What's in that can? Maybe on that shelf. Or that box. Aaaarrrgh!)
Things like, the 2 specific little screws that hold the interior door release handles.
One of the rods for the interior of the driver's door is MIA. Can't install the driver's door panel without that.
And... the small stainless strip on the top of the driver's door panel is trashed beyond use. Try to find one of those!!! The search is on!
You can see what I need in the pix.
If any of you guys have even the faintest hint, an inkling, a rumor, of knowing where one is, please, please, please, hit me up with a P.M! I'll follow any lead with the ghost of a chance of finding it!
It's a '59 specific only part. Coupe or convertible. And being that it's the driver's door, of course, it's always the F'd up one!
The cost is NOT important! The owner is already into this ride for $150,000.00!!! So, what's another hun. or so?
At this point, the cost is secondary to getting this car done! I don't care if you double the price you find it for! I NEED that part!!! RFN!!!

Anyways, the tonneau fits like poop! I didn't make it. Came with the kit.
(One of the reasons that I'm not a huge fan of a kit. You're stuck with what you get provided!)
Original ones had hidden snaps. This one looks so cheesy on such a nice car!
Over the winter, I'll make one that fits & looks factory.
Not only that, but we've been having a bit of a prob with the top not completely dropping down to the lowest point possible. Something to do with the hydraulics & the new rams. The bodyman & the mechanic have warned me to keep my grubby mitts away from that! Oh, O.K.! One less thing for me to worry about!

skylark

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Gotta love basket case builds! I can't believe how crappy that tonneau fits. The rest of the car looks like it is a class act but the tonneau looks like JC Whitney. I dig the Stinkin' Lincoln from above, nice ride.

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
Both of these are from a while ago.

Vinyl roof. '69 Lincoln.

A strange one. Only has padding on the sides. 1/8" closed cell.
The cars has been totally covered to protect it from any glue.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

'62 Impala 409/4spd. Conv. One family owned since new.
New top.

Old77

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Every time I go through this thread I'm amazed at your level of work

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
Thank you!
One of the first variations of my biz was called 'Perfection Obsession'.
I was driving myself nuts trying to live up to that! I'd see small imperfections that 99.99% of my customer's never would.
I'd tinker & tinker & tinker for hours on the smallest details aiming for that perfect job.
Figured that I was making $10.00/hr! And the next customer would end up getting tired of waiting & find someone else for their project.

skylark

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I don't know 100% why but I love the white vinyl roof on my 76 Skylark. Unfortunately it has been in the weather all of its life and it has succumbed to decay and caused rust. I'm really torn on whether to do another vinyl roof or not. I know that I should rip off whats left of the roof and do something to keep further rust from occurring but emotionally it is really tough to do.

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
I'd have no problem tearing it off! No problem at all! Good way to release pent-up frustration! Lol!
And, only 'cause I know what it'd look like with a new one!
If you do take it off, make sure that you do something to protect that metal underneath. POR15 works well.