The 'Burb

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SAATR

/\___/\___/\___/\___/\
Supporting Member
Reaction score
lol yea im actully goin tomorrow or thursday morning
bros ?

Lol, sorry! Short for "forum bros". Didn't know if you knew any of the other GMT400 members in our area. The phrase is pretty common on some of the other forums that I'm on, so I just assumed.

SAATR

/\___/\___/\___/\___/\
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Clean-ass Burb! Loving the color combo, I don't believe I've ever seen it. SEXY.

Yeah, I haven't seen too many of the silver/black burbs. Several pickups, just one or two suburbans though. If I ever repaint it, it's definitely gonna stay that way :).

96twodoor

Dark side of the moon
Reaction score
Lol, sorry! Short for "forum bros". Didn't know if you knew any of the other GMT400 members in our area. The phrase is pretty common on some of the other forums that I'm on, so I just assumed.

ohhhh I figured that was what you meant but I wasnt sure , In SBC theres me and Pierced and Me . Darkside94 is moving here in late summer I believe but thats about it . NVR2Low lives about an hour south I think but Ive never met him .

SAATR

/\___/\___/\___/\___/\
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That's about what I was expecting. Every car forum/group I've ever been a part of had just a few people in my area, but it's good to know that there are some! Hopefully I'll have the 'Burb worthy of sitting next to that Hoe or 1 ton before too long.

Pierced

Allen AKA BargainJoe
Reaction score
Sounds like we got another local member. Burban looks pretty good man and gonna look sick once its dropped.

We need to have a old busted chevy meet one weekend before it gets to be 9000* outside.

SAATR

/\___/\___/\___/\___/\
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sounds like we got another local member. Burban looks pretty good man and gonna look sick once its dropped.

We need to have a old busted chevy meet one weekend before it gets to be 9000* outside.

It would be nice to get the old girl out and about. Would also give me some motivation to really start getting her in shape, as long a road as that'll be :eek:

SAATR

/\___/\___/\___/\___/\
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well, I decided that I was going to detail the interior of the Burb today.... and that motivation lasted all of about an hour :nono:. After I got a lot of my crap out of her, pulled the rubber factory floor mats, and picked up the detritus from my kids (McDonald's bags, wrappers, Capri Sun pouches, sucker sticks, and some unidentified brown stuff :dancingpoop:) I took stock of the situation:

You must be registered for see images attach

I started on the driver's door panel and instrument panel, and made some headway. After about an hour I realized just how long it was going to take, and promptly said "**** it!" and went inside. Watched The Lincoln Lawyer (good movie, by the way) and was again motivated to clean up the old girl. I have a giant DeeZee toolbox in the back, so no pics of the back. Just so you know, the carpet there is no longer recognizable as having ever been grey. It's a... ****** rust brown. That is going to be the worst, and will probably require a power washer (that's your cue, Keith!). The rest will probably come up with some Spot Shot and elbow grease (more of the latter than former) and a steam cleaner. I started in the back this time, and am working my way forward. Here's some progress:

^^^ In case you didn't know, Mr. Clean Magic Erasers are AWESOME for interior nastiness. Warning: Always, always, always test a cleaning product in an out of the way place before you barrel off into the heart of the job. Magic Erasers can easily fog up clear plastics and will pull some dyes out, so be careful. That said, they made the bottom headrest look nearly new, when it did look worse than the top headrest. Two or three boxes of 'em should do the job on the Burb.

^^^ This one is after some cleaning on the armrest and inside handle. Gets sweat, oil, and grease out of the grain of the material very well.

I also did the floormats, but it had gotten too dark to take good pics. Wesley's Bleche-Wite is a great product for tires, but it also made my grungy floormats look incredible. Definitely worth a try if you haven't used it!

More to follow tomorrow, when I finish giving the old girl a bath.

SAATR

/\___/\___/\___/\___/\
Supporting Member
Reaction score
OK, so I made more progress on the interior yesterday. I bought some 409 brand carpet cleaner, two boxes of Magic Erasers, and went at it. After a few hours of scrubbing on the carpets, I realized that it was going to take more than a towel and some spot remover to get the crap out of the carpet. I had almost called it quits when my neighbor wandered over and asked me what I was up to, and then told mr they had a carpet cleaner if I wanted to borrow it. I said Hell Yes! It turned out to be a little hand held Bissell, and is more of a wet vac than anything, but it did a lot better than spot remover, as you can see:

Many of the stains are going to require a true steam cleaner to remove, but after the progress I made I'm confident that they'll come up. The before and after difference is more apparent if you compare the shots from behind the middle seat and the shots of the trans hump. I still have some cleaning to do on the dash, and I need to get some leather conditioner on the seats, but overall I think she's going to look 100% better inside.