Teh Hoe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BubbaZ71Tahoe

Reaction score
Bought the Tahoe in September 2005. For the next two years while in college nothing really got done to it.
pic of the day I bought it
You must be registered for see images attach

From here untill June of 07 all I changed was the tires... In March of 07 my G80 decided to explode and took the trans with it. I got a new GM reman and installed a detroit true trac and yukon gears.

Here is a pic of it from June of 07 with new rims and tires... 17x9 Moto Metal 955 and 32/11.50/17 SSR

I Finished college in December of 07 and from there mods have never stopped. In Febuary of 08 I installed a 6 inch superlift, 3 inch body 4.88 yukon gears front and rear and 15x10 m/t classic 2 rims wrapped in 38/15.50/15 TSL and the wheeling began. In April I blew the 10bolt again.

In August of 08 I bought some 38.5/15/15 Boggers from a friend.... From there the wheeling got nasty and it as no longer my DD.

BubbaZ71Tahoe

Reaction score
In April of 09 I blew the 10bolt again.... I have come to the conclusion that the axle housing is most likely bent... Carrier bearings dont last in it.
I decided it was time to step it up and went with a 14bolt full float with machined 6 lug hubs 4.88s and detroit locker

DIY4X spring perchs and ubolt pllates and 5/8s ubolts.

6 lug hubs... Machined down hub and axle shaft and axle bolts

and yes i know my boggers are backwards in the pic

You must be registered for see images

Future mods are ORU sfa kit that is in my possession. 6inch 50" alcans with 7 inch shackles, ORD Shackle Flip. taking body lift off.. building bumpers and sliders, OD green paint job. 40 ltbs or 42 tsl Not sure yet

99COOP

Reaction score
nice, should be sick with the sas. did the trutrac fail, or 10 bolt housing/axle shafts ?

Cajun4x4

The Green Seal
Reaction score
nice, should be sick with the sas. did the trutrac fail, or 10 bolt housing/axle shafts ?

carrier bearings keep getting destroyed due to what we think is a bent housing... the true trac held together like a champ

99COOP

Reaction score
carrier bearings keep getting destroyed due to what we think is a bent housing... the true trac held together like a champ

good to hear, looks like the true trac will be going into my 14 sf swap this winter.

JayBo

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I want my truck to be a version of your tahoe

Mike

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Hey, thanks for coming over! Always loved that truck. You should also start a build thread in the offroad build section. Just copy all your tech posts there.