TBI upper gaskets

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RichLo

E I E I O
Reaction score
If you refuse to do it right with soldering and heat shrink, get some 3M silicone electrical tape like below. They make it in 7-mil thick, 12-mil and 20-mil thick. This stuff has no adhesive on it and uses the properties of silicone bonding to itself rather than relying on adhesive that degrades over time.

7-mil price per case of 12:
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

12-mil

20-mil

termite

Definitely NOT Awesome
Reaction score
If you refuse to do it right with soldering and heat shrink, get some 3M silicone electrical tape like below. They make it in 7-mil thick, 12-mil and 20-mil thick. This stuff has no adhesive on it and uses the properties of silicone bonding to itself rather than relying on adhesive that degrades over time.

7-mil price per case of 12:
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

12-mil

20-mil
Or liquid form.
You must be registered for see images attach

DeCaff2007

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Wow why all the negative feedback about a wiring harness? I need those gaskets for the air cleaner extension, not grief for being lazy lol.

GoToGuy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Pretty simple, the people on here who know, will give you the information to do it the correct way. Engineers alot smarter than you and me already did the hard work. I'm not gonna give anyone or show anyone any sketchy, trashy, dangerous repair methods and say " looks good lasts long time" till it burns up , or some other disaster.
Go ahead be proud of just getting by.
This is an engine swap? What vehicle did engine come out of ? Year make model engine? Is this air cleaner filter from the swapped engine or original engine ?

DeCaff2007

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Pretty simple, the people on here who know, will give you the information to do it the correct way. Engineers alot smarter than you and me already did the hard work. I'm not gonna give anyone or show anyone any sketchy, trashy, dangerous repair methods and say " looks good lasts long time" till it burns up , or some other disaster.
Go ahead be proud of just getting by.
This is an engine swap? What vehicle did engine come out of ? Year make model engine? Is this air cleaner filter from the swapped engine or original engine ?

Yes, it's an engine swap. The seller claims the engine was pulled from a 94 K2500. Air cleaner extension is from the donor engine.

I'd really appreciate a part number or something from the screenshot you posted earlier.

If not, I still have the metal extension - which clearly requires the paper gaskets. Yes they are easier to find but that's from a V6, if it matters.

Scooterwrench

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There are three reasons for negative feedback on your hack job.
One, There are guys like us that have spent our lives fixing hacks like yours and have had to listen to the customer whine about the cost.
Two, People(like me)surf the interweb looking for information on how to repair a certain problem and it lands on your post. They don't have the years of knowledge that we have and think that's the way to repair the issue they're having with their vehicle.
Three, It's lazy!!!

DeCaff2007

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well, I do like the plastic better.

@GoToGuy, I'd still like the part number you managed to find for the rubber gaskets, if it's not too much trouble. :cool: