TBI upper gaskets

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Erik the Awful

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's the seal on the air cleaner. If you're not in a dusty/sandy environment the seal doesn't have to be perfect. Most of the trucks you find around here are missing that seal and all it does is maybe cause a tiny bit more engine wear and dirtier oil.

Your TPS wiring needs a good environmental seal. Crimp & shrink butt connectors are a good minimum. F4 tape (or whatever else you want to call it) is fantastic stuff, but it's not a sufficient weatherproofing. Plus, it's a royal PITA to remove from wiring when it gets hard. You'll have to cut it off, and good luck cutting it without severing the wire underneath.

DeCaff2007

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The T section doesn't make the seal,the flat section does. You have an inner lip on the riser that will keep the gasket in place. Maybe you could replace that POS plastic riser with an earlier steel one. Maybe someone can weigh in on interchangeability of the two. the steel risers used paper gaskets and those are available,,,,,,,,,,everywhere!

Why is the plastic riser a POS? I do have the metal riser. I could clean it up and use it. It's just that the plastic riser seems like a nicer, lighter, and aesthetically more pleasing upgrade.

RichLo

E I E I O
Reaction score
Thick paper is still flat. The gaskets I need look like a "T". There's clearly a groove going around the diameter of the air cleaner extension where the gaskets sit.
Why is the plastic riser a POS? I do have the metal riser. I could clean it up and use it. It's just that the plastic riser seems like a nicer, lighter, and aesthetically more pleasing upgrade.

You clearly have attention to detail, its just misdirected towards things that dont matter. Instead of taking advice to fix problems that future you will have to fix anyway your stuck on these gaskets and what riser to use.

Throw any parts-store carburetor air cleaner base gasket on whatever riser isn't cracked and go buy a solder iron and fix that wiring correctly.

tayto

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You clearly have attention to detail, its just misdirected towards things that dont matter. Instead of taking advice to fix problems that future you will have to fix anyway your stuck on these gaskets and what riser to use.

Throw any parts-store carburetor air cleaner base gasket on whatever riser isn't cracked and go buy a solder iron and fix that wiring correctly.
ya only took 5 pages, my god lol. worry about an air cleaner gasket when there was about 10+ other things skipped/missed/good enough on the engine "build"

DeCaff2007

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
ya only took 5 pages, my god lol. worry about an air cleaner gasket when there was about 10+ other things skipped/missed/good enough on the engine "build"

Feel free to come over and fix whatever you find. Oh, and you're only allowed to use what's on hand, or what's at the junkyard that's 15 mins away. Here's their website if that helps.

The parts stores around here have NOTHING in stock, unless it's maintenance items for newer Honda's, BMW's, Audi's, Hyundai's, any Ford pickup, or any import SUV. Oh, and Subaru's and Jeeps. Everyone and their pronoun'ed other around here seems to have a Subaru and a Jeep. Or, if you want fake bling for your ride, there's isles and isles of that BS.

Old school Chevy or BOP doesn't exist in parts stores around here anymore. Have to order EVERYTHING online.

So I'm sorry if the few hours I have to myself on my days off are spent working on my truck and the quality of work just isn't good enough for you all.

EDIT: BTW, there's nothing wrong with that wiring. You'll see.

Scooterwrench

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
EDIT: BTW, there's nothing wrong with that wiring. You'll see.
No,we won't be there. You're up there in Pa. where they salt the roads. I used to install engines in airboats that were used for fishing in salt water. Combatting salt taught me to seal connections well.
We're just trying to help save you from a future breakdown!!!

scott2093

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Wasn't sure where to ask this ...

There are 2 tbi gaskets for my 93 5.7. One has an opening in the middle (part # 60759), sits on the intake, in my case under the riser .

The other one sits under the tbi on top of the riser and it doesn't have an opening in the middle. I need the one that sits under the tbi, on top of the riser .

I have a spare 60759 gasket for under the spacer with the opening in the middle. I'm guessing there's a reason for not using it directly under the tbi?

Little confusing. If I didn't have the spacer, where would the additional gasket go? If you put in 60759, it shows not compatible with my truck but, the kit that has it, shows it is...

Part # 6093 is the gasket without the opening that shows for my truck....

So I can't use the 60759 directly under the tbi? Air delivery thing?

Attachments

• AC Dlco TBI gaskets1.jpg
    AC Dlco TBI gaskets1.jpg
    70.4 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG20240218091334.jpg
    IMG20240218091334.jpg
    144.8 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:

fancyTBI

Some of my trucks run and drive
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wasn't sure where to ask this ...

There are 2 tbi gaskets for my 93 5.7. One has an opening in the middle (part # 60759), sits on the intake, in my case under the riser .

The other one sits under the tbi on top of the riser and it doesn't have an opening in the middle. I need the one that sits under the tbi, on top of the riser .

I have a spare 60759 gasket for under the spacer with the opening in the middle. I'm guessing there's a reason for not using it directly under the tbi?

Little confusing. If I didn't have the spacer, where would the additional gasket go? If you put in 60759, it shows not compatible with my truck but, the kit that has it, shows it is...

Part # 6093 is the gasket without the opening that shows for my truck....

So I can't use the 60759 directly under the tbi? Air delivery thing?
It depends on the TBI style. If your TBI is original to the ‘93 do not use 60579. Here’s a quick example of what I’m talking about. The castings changed at some point. Looks like you’ve got the second casting style. Schurkey wrote this on another forum.

I have a TBI spacer. I run the 60903 between the spacer/manifold and spacer/TBI. I believe if you use the 60579 between the spacer/TBI it will idle poorly. The casting change has an impact on the IAC function.