TBI upper gaskets

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Scooterwrench

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wright Cyclone R-3350, two rowes of 9 cylinders, 18 total, versions rated up to 3,650 hp.
My grandaddy was an A&P instructor at the Casey Jones School of Aeronautics in Newark,NJ ,now the College of Aviation at LaGuardia. I never got to learn much of his aviation knowledge but he did teach me a lot of engine theory. He turned me loose on a Model A when I was 11. He pointed and I worked and a month later I was driving the old Ford.

DeCaff2007

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I guess I'm being ignored. Oh well. Back to the drawing board.

Reluctanse

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Wow why all the negative feedback about a wiring harness? I need those gaskets for the air cleaner extension, not grief for being lazy lol.
you've clearly never had to deal with the sh.!t tier wiring work that a PO did to your truck, which is what you are showing us. Everyone throwing rocks has 100% dealt with issues related to hack wiring jobs you are showing us and it is terrible. Most of us have also done it wrong in the past, and have had it proved that there is a reason to do it right, I know I have.

You are here, you are at least sharing your work. Take some time and listen to feedback.

Or don't I guess. Maybe it won't bite you in the @ss. It definitely will bite the next guy.

Scooterwrench

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I guess I'm being ignored. Oh well. Back to the drawing board.
No man,you're not being ignored.
If you can't find those rubber seals then I think the thick paper gaskets like used on Q-jet air breathers would probably get the job done. If your worried they won't make a good seal smear a thin,even coat of ultra grey sillycone on both sides of the gaskets and let it set overnight before installing them.

DeCaff2007

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
No man,you're not being ignored.
If you can't find those rubber seals then I think the thick paper gaskets like used on Q-jet air breathers would probably get the job done. If your worried they won't make a good seal smear a thin,even coat of ultra grey sillycone on both sides of the gaskets and let it set overnight before installing them.

Thick paper is still flat. The gaskets I need look like a "T". There's clearly a groove going around the diameter of the air cleaner extension where the gaskets sit.

RanchWelder

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Cool. I love old planes.
People who argue when getting really good advice... not so much.

Scooterwrench

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thick paper is still flat. The gaskets I need look like a "T". There's clearly a groove going around the diameter of the air cleaner extension where the gaskets sit.
The T section doesn't make the seal,the flat section does. You have an inner lip on the riser that will keep the gasket in place. Maybe you could replace that POS plastic riser with an earlier steel one. Maybe someone can weigh in on interchangeability of the two. the steel risers used paper gaskets and those are available,,,,,,,,,,everywhere!