Are door handle gaskets available separately?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jeepwalker

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The rubber/plastic gaskets which surround the outside door handles on my truck ('89) are dry/brittle/aged/shrunk. The handles themselves are fine. I've cleaned and lubricated them. Really no reason to replace them. Are new gaskets available anywhere (separately) w/o buying new outer handle assemblies? I looked around a bit, did not see any.

Thanks much!

GoToGuy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You could try " GM Parts giant.com " enter you VIN the click the sections to get the door hardware. You never know they may still have them. Or if the there " NLA" , no longer available, at least the part number and description is there. Use the OE part number in Google search. You could take the part number to dealer , and they inquire within GM parts network, you never who might have some on the shelf.
Good luck.

Jeepwalker

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Thanks.

The odd thing is they're available on aftermarket door handles...

Jeepwalker

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Possible. They're kind of a hard rubber or soft plastic.

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
As far as them being available separately, don't think so. They are part of the handle assembly and pretty sure they were never serviced as a separate part, but I'd be happy to be proven wrong here as it would be useful for them to be available.

There's 3 or possibly 4 distinctly different styles of door handles for gmt400's, and unfortunately I've lost my pictures detailing those differences. The first few years had smooth handles, around 94 they went to textured, and roughly around 97 the gasket actually got larger and instead of being stuck to the handle with adhesive, are held on with a few plastic welds and have straps that run behind the handle body. The larger gasket is to make up for a larger hole in the door stamping.

Richard