take me to suspension school

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TylerZ281500

Yukon Ridin High
Reaction score
in specific tierods, what was the point of having the tierod under the knuckle? especially on a lifted truck even if properly lifted thered be a drop bracket thus putting the tierod to stock angles but wouldnt it make more sense for it to be on top? ive had a freind put it on top and it drove competely different, you ove the wheel and your in the next lane. so what was the reason for going under the knuckle?

dave_erald

Live the dream, or don't, your choice...
Reaction score
Top or bottom wasn't done for strength but for angles. Swapping top to bottom or vice versa and doing nothing else changes the angle of that link to the angle of the control am. Now you have bump steer and other issues.

The inner tie rod and outer tie rod will be the same length and connection points as a mirror image to the lower control arm so that during turning and suspension cycling you don't get bumpsteer or other unwanted characteristics. The knuckle will be designed in a way for brake and suspension clearance and then the tierod connection point for same reasons but need to follow certain lines.

Hope that helps.

Sent from my HTC 8X using Tapatalk

TylerZ281500

Yukon Ridin High
Reaction score
nope jsut confsed me lol from what it seemed and i know what something seems and what something is are very different but the truck with the tierod up top had close to no bumpsteer from what it felt like, my truck with a lift has a ton and a stock one had a ton as well compared to the other way.