swapping v6 for a vortec v8

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

noremac

OHHH SNNNAAAPPP
Reaction score
exactly whats it doing? maybe we can help you track down the problem..

200th post woot... not.... i am a post *****...

95_bowtie

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
ok the problem with my truck, first let me say that its random:

* sometimes when it idles it idels rough like it wants to shut off than goes to normal and doesnt happen for awhile.
* about 3 time a week while im driving the truck acts like im pulling a heavy trailer and it losses power, when i punch it it sounds like the engine is reving under too much load (it doesnt rev high) and i dont have a tach, so i dont know the rpm. the only way i can drive is by barely pressing the gas and just build up momentum slowly in order to catch up with trffic, and than randomly it will go and drive normally. its realy confusing. and it doesnt act up when it goes to the shop.
* my transmition shop said the trans is fine. i got new cap, rotor, and wires. the machanic said the plugs are good.

any help will be awesome.

Red97

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Maybe the cat is clogged or the egr is plugged or almost plugged, check the timing? it could be a lot of things but it sounds mostly ignition or emissions related.

95_bowtie

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
i just now came up with more info on my engine problem. when im on the freeway and my truck acts up and drops me to 55 mph (max i can go), and bogging down. when its acting up like that i turn on the fan to high inside the cab and than im abile to go full speed and have all power and no bogging. so the problem clears up when i turn the fan on high.

fyi, i dont have ac so its just the fan with outside air.

95_bowtie

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
im thinking that too, but the trans guy droving it and said that its working like it suppose to, my dad thinks there is a problem between the ac and throttle or something for it to act different when the fans are on, or a relay.

6chevy9

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
hmm could be that also. im just leaning toward drive terrain aside from the motor because of the sometimes affect. how many miles are on the rearend and trans?