stuff that catches my eye

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

biggbiker

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Why do people think clean and low miles triples the value of a car? That's a nice truck, but I could buy four of them for 10K.
I dont know where you think you can buy a truck like that for $2500 but I will take 1 and you can mark it up to $3500. That truck is not my cup of tea, with a 454 5 speed with almost no options, but I am sure it will bring $5000- $6500. Waiting for you to show me the 4 trucks, simular, low miles, big block, 5 speed. SHOW ME.

94burbk1500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I dont know where you think you can buy a truck like that for $2500 but I will take 1 and you can mark it up to $3500. That truck is not my cup of tea, with a 454 5 speed with almost no options, but I am sure it will bring $5000- $6500. Waiting for you to show me the 4 trucks, simular, low miles, big block, 5 speed. SHOW ME.
I didn't specifically mean four identical trucks, what I meant was that i could find 4 decent trucks for 10k instead of one "pristine" truck that probably needs every gasket, hose and seal replaced. Low mileage, especially that low, means it sat around for a long time. Was it stored properly? I doubt it. That's a giant gamble.

biggbiker

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I didn't specifically mean four identical trucks, what I meant was that i could find 4 decent trucks for 10k instead of one "pristine" truck that probably needs every gasket, hose and seal replaced. Low mileage, especially that low, means it sat around for a long time. Was it stored properly? I doubt it. That's a giant gamble.
Apples and Oranges Yes you can buy a clapped out 100k mile truck with a rusted out body, brake and fuel lines, and put a ton of work or $$$ into it. My point is most trucks around me are not worth the effort or expense. You have to have a southern or western truck to start with. Slim pickens in these parts, and to find one with low miles. In that truck it is $7000ish everytime. That truck should be turn key @ that price. A project that takes a hundred hours is not the same. We are talking about 2 different things. "Decent" trucks here are $4-5000 and still need work. I guess I am to deep in the rust belt. Not going to get into a pissing match with ya on the web. Carry on and have a great day.

94burbk1500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Apples and Oranges Yes you can buy a clapped out 100k mile truck with a rusted out body, brake and fuel lines, and put a ton of work or $$$ into it. My point is most trucks around me are not worth the effort or expense. You have to have a southern or western truck to start with. Slim pickens in these parts, and to find one with low miles. In that truck it is $7000ish everytime. That truck should be turn key @ that price. A project that takes a hundred hours is not the same. We are talking about 2 different things. "Decent" trucks here are $4-5000 and still need work. I guess I am to deep in the rust belt. Not going to get into a pissing match with ya on the web. Carry on and have a great day.
I wasn't looking for a fight, just giving my opinion. IMO that truck should come with a BJ at that price, I'm more the type to buy something with decent bones for as cheap as possible and sort out the bugs. I bought my suburban for $1,500 and over the last year have put about a grand into it in parts (half of that is tires) and another 20 hours or so in labor, I know I can drive that thing to hell and back. I bought my s10 with 40k miles on it thinking it was a great truck (definitely not worth the almost 7k I paid 4 years ago), turned out it had all sorts of electrical problems and needed an exorcism. Maybe I'm a little jaded from that deal. :)

kennythewelder

Officially Retired, B31-3 (6-G) certified welder.
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Like I have said before, how rear the truck is in your area, will drive the price.

Last edited:

98chevy2500SS

Specializes in Accessories 101
Reaction score
Jeez, would love to find a clean truck for under 3k! A clean truck here in Iowa will bring to you about 6k or more. :( And like Kenny said, depends where you live. Iowa happens to be a place that clean trucks are a rarity sadly, and especially a square body or GMT400 as they are becoming to be rotted or roached out.