stuff that catches my eye

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

skylark

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You won't hate it. You won't be madly in love with it either. Its issues have to do with pure luck and how well it has been maintained. My truck was well maintained for the 20k that it was running in my ownership but most likely wasn't prior to me. Unfortunately it died at 104k. I bought a 98 off of a guy that had meticulous records since new and it had a valve fail at 79k. My wife's chassis donor had it's 6.5 die at 125k but I don't know it's history. There are multiple issues that should be addressed to have a potentially happy life but those aren't a guarantee. I honestly feel that a purchase of a 6.5 is a roll of the dice.

All of that being said, that truck that you link looks like a real pile of crap. I definitely wouldn't be interested in it if it were me even if it were a 454.

BowtieBrody

Jesus Murphy!
Reaction score
You won't hate it. You won't be madly in love with it either. Its issues have to do with pure luck and how well it has been maintained. My truck was well maintained for the 20k that it was running in my ownership but most likely wasn't prior to me. Unfortunately it died at 104k. I bought a 98 off of a guy that had meticulous records since new and it had a valve fail at 79k. My wife's chassis donor had it's 6.5 die at 125k but I don't know it's history. There are multiple issues that should be addressed to have a potentially happy life but those aren't a guarantee. I honestly feel that a purchase of a 6.5 is a roll of the dice.

All of that being said, that truck that you link looks like a real pile of crap. I definitely wouldn't be interested in it if it were me even if it were a 454.

As I assumed; and the fact that 90% of the 6.5s I've seen down here have been beat on like a rented mule, I guess it'd be hard to find a decent one.
I'm probably never going to own a 6.5 unless one falls into my lap;

---------------------------------

Sweet tap dancing Christ; I thought I wanted one of these trucks, but that's a hell of a lot more than I'd ever pay!
https://raleigh.craigslist.org/cto/d/2014-chevy-silverado-z71-crew/6570165898.html

Biggershaft96

Cant Getrite
Reaction score

See, ya get the ones like this, then theres the ones like i had that have been run through the ringer and still run with 300000+ miles. Its hit or miss with those things lol

Biggershaft96

Cant Getrite
Reaction score
As I assumed; and the fact that 90% of the 6.5s I've seen down here have been beat on like a rented mule, I guess it'd be hard to find a decent one.
I'm probably never going to own a 6.5 unless one falls into my lap;

---------------------------------

Sweet tap dancing Christ; I thought I wanted one of these trucks, but that's a hell of a lot more than I'd ever pay!
https://raleigh.craigslist.org/cto/d/2014-chevy-silverado-z71-crew/6570165898.html
Yea thats not that bad. I looked ALOT before i settled on the 05. I looked at pretty much the same truck but a red 15 with the 6.2 and 7600gvwr for 34k.

GreenZ98

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yea thats not that bad. I looked ALOT before i settled on the 05. I looked at pretty much the same truck but a red 15 with the 6.2 and 7600gvwr for 34k.
Do want a 6.2 crew 4x4, the power those things make is impressive.....price and payment however not impressive at all.

Biggershaft96

Cant Getrite
Reaction score
Yea 420hp is no joke, The one i drove was fairly quick. Payments do suck though but if it isnt one thing itll probably be another.

GarrettGmc

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Ya payments for anything newer sucks. Payments for the 14 burb are $558 and it sucks. Id be much happier making those payments on something else, like another diesel, tractor or a manual v8 car haha:driver:. hopefully I can pay this thing off early like I did my ram.

Sampuppy1

Diesel nut
Reaction score
For all you guys that look down south.... I need a rust free 3rd door extended cab. With doors. Color not important, auto trans, manual or push button tcase would work. Glass and interior not needed but it's fine if they have them. Interior is tan. Truck is a 97. Color is a moot point but dark emerald green and autumnwood lower color preferred.

Sent from my flagged XT1635-01

Tyler/T-Unit