stuff that catches my eye

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BowtieBrody

Jesus Murphy!
Reaction score
Basically looking for a donor body and frame. Rust free. Running/driving not necessary. 2k and under pretty much. No rust is the big thing. Blown engine not a problem. Blown trans or anything else is no biggie.

Sent from my flagged XT1635-01

Tyler/T-Unit

I'll see what I can find; anything there catch your eye so far?

2 Sweet

Oozing Machismo
Reaction score
I've decided that I'm going to sell my truck later this year once I fix a few minor things, and replace it with a rust free truck from down south. I'm so sick and tired of rust, it makes the simplest jobs a big PITA and it looks like hell. I've had enough. My truck is a 4x4, 350, stick shift pickup with only 81k miles so I'm guessing I can get $3k for it. It's a good looking truck despite the body rust, and at least the frame is still nice. Everything else here has rust too, so it's not like it will be a tough sell.

I'm glad this thread exists; when the time comes I'll definitely use this to help my search.

kennythewelder

Officially Retired, B31-3 (6-G) certified welder.
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Thought I would link our local CL for today, to give you guys an idea of what is around the Lafayette Louisiana area. Keep in mind there are scammers everywhere, so if you look at a $1000 show room truck, it most likely a scam, but there are some decent trucks around me at a fair price.
https://lafayette.craigslist.org/search/cta?query=chevy+truck

GarrettGmc

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
To bad im to far from you guys, I keep seeing rollers for under 1k. Picked up an 89 for free the other week and there's another one just north of me that supposedly runs an drives for free. And of course no rust.

98chevy2500SS

Specializes in Accessories 101
Reaction score
I got back to work Friday to drive home and the leading edge of my headliner was dripping wet. All over my fire lights/siren controls/CB/trans temp gauge. I flew home, pulled the visor and found a nickel sized hole in the roof skin between the center two visor mounts. Nothing was against it, it's just where it rotted through first. All my visor mount holes were sealed still. The whole windshield edge is rotted though. So I'm now in a bind. It would be nice to find a clean complete parts truck. Running/driving not absolutely necessary. More just a body and frame. I have a good drive line. I'm thinking it needs to be 4x4 since all my stuff would be going in it. But a complete running/driving truck wouldn't be so bad either. I have to formulate a plan for this and a lot of that plan is going to depend on what I can find for a donor. The rest can just fall into place once I get a canvas to work with.

You must be registered for see images attach

Tyler/T-Unit
Man that sucks, I didn't know they could rust right there, but since there was a visor, I can kinda see why.

Sampuppy1

Diesel nut
Reaction score
I'll see what I can find; anything there catch your eye so far?
Yeah the tan one with the "locked up engine". If it's spotless, 1500 is a steal for me up here.
Thought I would link our local CL for today, to give you guys an idea of what is around the Lafayette Louisiana area. Keep in mind there are scammers everywhere, so if you look at a $1000 show room truck, it most likely a scam, but there are some decent trucks around me at a fair price.
https://lafayette.craigslist.org/search/cta?query=chevy+truck
I appreciate that.
To bad im to far from you guys, I keep seeing rollers for under 1k. Picked up an 89 for free the other week and there's another one just north of me that supposedly runs an drives for free. And of course no rust.
No place is too far. I can get a diesel and a trailer in a day and go for a ride. Wouldn't bother me a bit.

Tyler/T-Unit

Sampuppy1

Diesel nut
Reaction score
Man that sucks, I didn't know they could rust right there, but since there was a visor, I can kinda see why.
That roof line was rotted before the visor was ever a thought. The visor probably kept it from leaking sooner.

Tyler/T-Unit

98chevy2500SS

Specializes in Accessories 101
Reaction score
That roof line was rotted before the visor was ever a thought. The visor probably kept it from leaking sooner.

Tyler/T-Unit
It was? Wow, what do you think caused it? Were there holes before the visor and water just got in it?