State vs federal law

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
No, many people won't. Think of how many times someone on this forum has said something about cutting off their cats or deleting their EGR.

I just responded to one of those. :lol:

While I agree that there's always going to be people out there who don't care about the environment in the slightest, I think it's reasonable to assume that most auto enthusiasts are reasonable people who would be inclined to stick to a set of rules and regulations if it weren't absurdly one-sided. There are going to be people who break the rules no matter what they are, it's just easier for them to convince themselves that it's OK to do so when the rules are ridiculous.

The auto hobby is becoming the scapegoat for the gross polluters.

I agree with this 100%. It's sad, but it is what it is.

That said, let's chill out on the political side of this discussion. I know that's easier said than done with a subject like this, just don't want the thread to spiral in that direction.

Erik the Awful

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Apologies - I do try to avoid getting political because it can go off the rails quickly. I've edited my comment.

...and no, I have not cut off my cats. Both Roscoe and WCJr came with the cats already cut off. I put cats on WCJr. When I redid the exhaust on my '99 Suburban, I bought new cats for it as well. Roscoe will also get cats. Most of the trucks I see at Pull-A-Part are straight-piped with the cats lopped off, which speaks to how readily people will choose to do the wrong thing. We have to be better than this or we'll lose this fight.

Tommy1234

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Apologies - I do try to avoid getting political because it can go off the rails quickly. I've edited my comment.

...and no, I have not cut off my cats. Both Roscoe and WCJr came with the cats already cut off. I put cats on WCJr. When I redid the exhaust on my '99 Suburban, I bought new cats for it as well. Roscoe will also get cats. Most of the trucks I see at Pull-A-Part are straight-piped with the cats lopped off, which speaks to how readily people will choose to do the wrong thing. We have to be better than this or we'll lose this fight.
The pull a part near me don't sell cats (I think they had their reason what I don't know)

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
True I know most pull a parts or used parts places would probably never sell a used safety device
Yes the U Pull And Pay has lots of signs up about how they will not sell air bags. That's going to make getting a dashboard for the Burb fun....