SSBC or Little Shop Manuf. rear disc brake conversion?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nowukno

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Don't know the difference between the 10 bolt and 14 bolt with abs but I did not have to delete my abs and yes that kit does not come with a master cylinder

Keepinitoldskool

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So the little MFG kit doesn't come with a disc/disc master? That's where the nbs master comes in? I'm assuming abs delete has to be done with this kit as well? rear disc, nbs master, and abs delete should work perfectly? I'm fed up with drums and rear brake lock up with my 14 bolt swap. Swapping back tot he 10 bolt with disc brakes.
I would not swap back to the 10 bolt if i were yoh. In the 99+ trucks you could get the 14 bolt with disc brakes from the factory, so it should be easy to get some oem parts to convert it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

95C1500

┌П┐(◣_◢)┌П┐
Reaction score
Don't know the difference between the 10 bolt and 14 bolt with abs but I did not have to delete my abs and yes that kit does not come with a master cylinder
So the kit, factory abs/prop valve and the nbs master cylinder and it all works for you? ABS still functions as it should?

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
So the kit, factory abs/prop valve and the nbs master cylinder and it all works for you? ABS still functions as it should?

He used the SSBC kit, which DOES come with a disc/disc master, unlike the little shop kit. Either kit should work fine with ABS.

nowukno

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Correct, ABS worked fine, my prop valve doesnt have residual pressure so I didnt have to remove the spring and rubber O ring some may very my residual pressure on my 97 tahoe 4dr 2wd was built into the factory MC. The ssbc kit to me was money well spent and no more warped rotors up front from lacking or Ill adjusted rear drums, no more mushy pedal and no PITA install,, the best 800 dollars I ever spent.. Gm went to rear disc for a reason in 2001 and up on these tahoes suburbans ,yukons etc.. and I now see why.. I say if you're spending money on lowering, raising , putting rims ,airbags etc.on your OBS dont cheap out on your brakes.Too many nice rides on this site for guys to cut corners on a put together rear disc brake set up with different manufacturers.

shamrock246

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I know this thread is old but how well does the E brake work on the little shop disk kits vs the stock drum setups? I have the 6 lug 11" drums on my burb and need a good e brake when i'm launching at the boat ramp.

Blackwater

Engineering Geinus
Reaction score
There's a lever on the caliper that manually clamps the pads against the rotor. Not drum in hat.
When you push the park brake in the cable pulls a leaver that manually pushes the shoes to the drums. I have the 14 bolt SF in my truck. It is the same design as the 10 bolt that I did have on my truck. Just smaller.