SSBC or Little Shop Manuf. rear disc brake conversion?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

214martin

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
how did you like the kit from Little MFG? I am thinking of getting the kit too, but am pretty sure you would need a propotioning valve or a new master cyclinder to get the correct pressure to front and backs when braking. Did you need to do anything to your brake lines?

Well the ssbc comes with the master cyclnder and i had issues with my rear brakes already, they were non existant lol. But for the kit itself its a really good kit, great instructions and went on really quick the first side you do takes a little time because its a learning process, atleast for me it was but im not lying the other side i installed it in 30min. The brake lines just needed to be pulled off the little clips holding them onto the axles to reach the caliper but other than that and a little bending no. After doing the rwal delete and abs delete i actually have some stopping power in the rear

nowukno

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach
Just installed the mfg kit today, went on great but i have no brake fluid going to my rear-_-
Its your master cylinder you need a disc disc mc also locate your distribution block you may need to remove soring and rubber bushing inly if your distribution block has the two big nuts on both sides

214martin

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Its your master cylinder you need a disc disc mc also locate your distribution block you may need to remove soring and rubber bushing inly if your distribution block has the two big nuts on both sides
I was reading on that, know which mc i can switch out to?

nowukno

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was reading on that, know which mc i can switch out to?
NBS 2002 master cylinder, those years come with factory rear disc brakes bolts right on,but you will need an adapter for the rear port which is the forward line coming from the mc. Autozone has these for cheap just search 2002 up tahoe yukon sub etc

nowukno

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
PS these master cylinders are already metered for disc disc so prop valve not needed unless you want to fine tune your system

Andy L

Reaction score
Great info guys, thanks. I decided to go with the Little Shop kit. Money wise, it might have come out the same when all is done. I received the kit 2 days after ordering it. Looks really nice! I upgraded the brake lines to the braided ones. I will probably upgrade my MC to the '02 nbs mentioned earlier. For the fronts, I bought a powerstop Z36 kit. With all the other work I am doing (Belltech f/r sway bars, DJM upper/lower control arms 2"/4", calmax shocks, replacing all steering and rubber parts of the suspension w moog parts etc) I hope to take my truck off the streets for several days and get everything done at once. I will post up pics of the process once I get started. I like to see the pics, it motivates me and gives me ideas.

214martin

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Great info guys, thanks. I decided to go with the Little Shop kit. Money wise, it might have come out the same when all is done. I received the kit 2 days after ordering it. Looks really nice! I upgraded the brake lines to the braided ones. I will probably upgrade my MC to the '02 nbs mentioned earlier. For the fronts, I bought a powerstop Z36 kit. With all the other work I am doing (Belltech f/r sway bars, DJM upper/lower control arms 2"/4", calmax shocks, replacing all steering and rubber parts of the suspension w moog parts etc) I hope to take my truck off the streets for several days and get everything done at once. I will post up pics of the process once I get started. I like to see the pics, it motivates me and gives me ideas.
It looks really nice on the truck lol

Andy L

Reaction score
I decided to upgrade my mc to the nbs rather than the proportioning valve...probably more hassle to install, but cost me about $65 new...

95C1500

┌П┐(◣_◢)┌П┐
Reaction score
So the little MFG kit doesn't come with a disc/disc master? That's where the nbs master comes in? I'm assuming abs delete has to be done with this kit as well? rear disc, nbs master, and abs delete should work perfectly? I'm fed up with drums and rear brake lock up with my 14 bolt swap. Swapping back tot he 10 bolt with disc brakes.